Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School for boys.

Options
  • 15-10-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, we are looking for school to book for our only baby boy. We are leaving in Leopardstown.
    What will be best choice for the boy in South Dublin County in your opinion?
    The school list is so long that we just confused with all of this. So fill free to advise what to look at and where to get more information about schools.
    Also please advise what to choose mixed school or boys only and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Fee paying or non-fee paying?

Religious ethos or not?

Irish Language school?

Secondary or Primary?

For secondary, they say boys do better in co-educational schools, in this case your nearest options would be Newpark, St. Benildus, Wesley, Balinteer Community School..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 skorpionkz

homer911 wrote: »
    Fee paying or non-fee paying?

Religious ethos or not?

Irish Language school?

Secondary or Primary?

For secondary, they say boys do better in co-educational schools, in this case your nearest options would be Newpark, St. Benildus, Wesley, Balinteer Community School..

- Non-fee
    - Catholic
    - Not neccesery
    - Primary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hollypark is quite popular just down Newtownpark Avenue, as is St Lawrences in Stillorgan.
    For secondary they seem to feed into Oatlands amongst others, again in Stillorgan.

I found this list http://www.educationireland.ie/component/content/article/30-post-primary-schools/143-post-primary-schools-in-dun-laoghaire-rathdown.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

skorpionkz wrote: »
    - Non-fee
    - Catholic
    - Not neccesery
    - Primary

Find out where your local parish school is.. Chances are most of the local children will go there..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Catpcarr

Hi am looking for a school to start my boys off at present we are in rathfarham but might be moving,plan on move depends on where we might send the boys to school,any feedback would be welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Artur.PL

Similar question. We live in Cabinteely.
    Religious ethos or not?
    What's difference between catholic(religious) ethos school or not?

Does anyone have any opinions on this one?
    http://www.stbrigids.ie/index.php

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

st brigids in foxrock, on mart lane, went there myself and can say it was the best I went to, and due to moving alot, i went to a number of schools, brilliant teachers, lovely kids in there, lovely school, and fond memories

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Catpcarr wrote: »
    Hi am looking for a school to start my boys off at present we are in rathfarham but might be moving,plan on move depends on where we might send the boys to school,any feedback would be welcome

I went to St Marys in Rathfarnham just after it opened :o was a grand primary scool, nice teachers etc
    http://www.marysbns.ie/

Mates of mine went to the Church of Ireland school which was smaller
    http://rathfarnhamparishns.scoilnet.ie/blog/
    They thought it was good.

There's also the educate together in nutgrove.

For secondary I went to Colaiste Éanna which I thought was a really good school
    http://colaisteeanna.ie/

Mates went to the High School, others from nearer Churchtown would have gone to the De La Salle.

Generally I would think that Rathfarnham would be a good place to raise kids and send them to school in the area. Though what my definition of Rathfarnham was then and what estate agents call it now would be very different. I grew up in Ballyboden.

Help please , I am just in the middle of buying in maynooth carton house, I have twin boys due to start school in sept and don't know anything about schools in the area , any advice pls

• Registered Users Posts: 25,444 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Catpcarr wrote: »
    Help please , I am just in the middle of buying in maynooth carton house, I have twin boys due to start school in sept and don't know anything about schools in the area , any advice pls

Hate to break this to you but you live in Co. Kildare, not Dublin County South which is what this forum is about.

• Advertisement

Sorry thanks I meant to do a new post, I am in Rathfarnham at present but thinking of moving to Kildare
    Thank

Advertisement