Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 screen - literally just had repaired, fell off 2 feet onto carpet, broke.

Options
  • 15-10-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

literally just got my screen fixed a week ago on my 4. I took it out today for the first time since its been fixed. It was sitting on my desk while I made a phone call on the landline, elbow knocked it off the desk.

It literally fell about 2.5 feet, onto carpet. Its cracked across the screen and chipped the outside part. This includes the black (plastic?) frame around it.

Now for what Im wondering; if I bring it back, could I state that inferior parts or shoddy workmanship or something were used? This was 80 quid to fix last week, and it broke after falling onto carpet! I am very disappointed. What options, if any, do I have? If you look at the image, that shouldnt happen, no matter what.

229834_10151271099067008_1254366730_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I doubt it .. my mate has an iPhone 4 and the same thing happened with the original screen.

Its just bad luck if it falls on the corner as it cracks it pretty easily.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Don't see how your argument stands up, you dropped the phone and it was damaged. This in no way suggests that any previous repairs were substandard.

At a guess I'd say the phone landed right on that corner at a angle, this caused it to chip which in turn weakened the structure of the glass and caused it to crack. This imho suggests it was as a result of the fall not any previous repair.

By all means chance your arm but I honestly can't see them repairing damage that you likely caused by dropping,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

buy the parts to replace it yourself and do it, then buy a bloody case and try to be more careful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Well, that is disappointing. I must say I am shocked looking through the past records of other 4's breaking and how easily, and then the price to repair them. No wonder they are the richest company in the world with these astoundingly poor quality items. Almost like it was planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I've had my iPhone 4 since late 2010 and it doesn't have a single mark on it, and i've never had a screen protector or case. Gorilla glass is incredibly scratch resistant, but it's brittle. It's just a tradeoff that you have to accept that comes with plastic reinforced glass..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Africa wrote: »
    Almost like it was planned.
    Conspiracy Theories forum - that a way ===>.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread closed - please do not post duplicate threads

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement