Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relatively straight edged cloud

Options
  • 15-10-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What exactly is it am I seeing here, the edge of two fronts ?

It stayed like this for hours on Saturday just off the Cork coast, and I could see to the horizon in two directions and the cloud didn't change

Thanks

EaVkc.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

stylie wrote: »
    Hi,

It stayed like this for hours on Saturday just off the Cork coast, and I could see to the horizon in two directions and the cloud didn't change

Thanks

It doesn't seem to be associated with any major frontal zones going by analysis charts for Saturday. I think it is possible that it may have formed along a mid level jet stream but open to correction on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

Image of Ireland from space at 1pm on Saturday. This very well could be the line you saw over the Cork coast

224654.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Chemtrails !!!!!!!!!!! I tell you its HAARP .. Blah blah ... surprised some conspiracy theorist hasn't jumped on it yet.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

aliens-meme.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

stylie wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

EaVkc.jpg
    i seen the same thing a week before we got the cold in 2010. it was a great sight but the edge was straighter than that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Both the 12Z Valentia sounding and Eumetsat Cloud Top Temperature and Height image for Saturday shows a cloudy layer at around 8 km, with around 80 - 90 knot jet in the area. The 6.2 micron water vapour image with 300 hPa streamlines shows the cloud layer edge coinciding with the dry intrusion. So basically, the cloud edge marked the boundary between dry and moist upper air.

2012101312.03953.skewt.gif

224678.PNG

224679.PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Here's the Dutch Met's Sat analysis for 1500UTC on Saturday, confirming that layer of jet cloud.

LOC_20121013_1500.png

Advertisement