Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street lights between Lusk and Rush

Options
  • 15-10-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭

Ok, First off I would like to state I am a cyclist and even though I use front and rear lights I feel unsafe when cycling this road at night especially just after the rail station as you head towards Rush. It is not only a hazard for cyclists but also pedestrians that there is no street lighting evident. I nearly always have to rely on cars coming from behind with full beams to have any adquate visibility and if I was a pedestrian I wouldn't even feel safe with the risk of accidently stepping out onto the road. Who/where would be the best person to send a written concern about this?. The local TD or the Fingal co co road department

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Your bike lights aren't bright enough, you should get brighter lights.

Do you expect streetlights between every town in Ireland?

The station is in a rural location and should be kept that way, pedestrians can bring lights if they think it's too dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Your bike lights aren't bright enough, you should get brighter lights
    +1

It would be nice to have street lights where we need them but if you have proper lights you'll be fine. I cycle that road over a dozen times a week, often in the dark and never have a problem even at speed. I actually feel safer in the dark as most motorists tend to give a wider berth when passing.

(My bike lights must be fairly good as some motorists "flash" me. Do they think I have a dip switch? :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/products/Front-Bike-Light-Magicshine-MJ-872-LSET

I use something like this on the back roads of NCD, works good.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Plenty of threads covering lights in the Cycling forum (which the OP is known to frequent;)) - no need to turn this into a "recommend cycling lights" thread

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

Well at least for pedestrians anyway there is a footpath all the way. Most other Irish towns outside don't have walking paths connecting them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Think Billyhead and Carawaystick both have valid points.

That road is dangerous. It is badly marked for start and quite often there is mud on the road. The footpath which we covered here before is much better than it had been. I dont think the broken Yellow lines along the side are of much use unlike the bright white lines you get in UK and on continent The side of the road could do with the street sweep about once a week as a lot of mud and dirt gather there.

Advertisement