Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lost iphone in a taxi on Saturday

Options
  • 15-10-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Long shot here but my girlfriend was in a taxi from The Kitchen nightclub/Clarence hotel to Leixlip on Saturday night and left her phone behind in the taxi.

Taxi driver wouldn't let her check the taxi for it when she got out but took her number and said would call if it turns up, rather stupidly she gave the number of the phone she lost!

So if anyone hears of, or is the taxi driver, could you get in touch please!

It's a black iphone with a pink case on the outside. It had been ringing all weekend up until this morning and now seems to have been switched off.

Thanks
    Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Hard luck mate, unfortunately its probably gone but what sort of taxi driver wouldnt let her check for it? I suspect he may have thought he could have it for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Yeah she said she asked when she got out and he said no, that he'd just call her if he found it. I found it strange but c'est la vie.

The fact that it was ringing all the way through until this morning has me wondering whether it's just died, or its been found and someone's turned it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Did she get the taxi plate number or reg number or anything identifying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

dan185 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Long shot here but my girlfriend was in a taxi from The Kitchen nightclub/Clarence hotel to Leixlip on Saturday night and left her phone behind in the taxi.

Taxi driver wouldn't let her check the taxi for it when she got out but took her number and said would call if it turns up, rather stupidly she gave the number of the phone she lost!

So if anyone hears of, or is the taxi driver, could you get in touch please!

It's a black iphone with a pink case on the outside. It had been ringing all weekend up until this morning and now seems to have been switched off.

Thanks
    Dan

I dont suppose she had find my iphone set up on it?

I lost mine last week walking through the fields in Castletown and thankfully was able to trace it from my computer when I got back home. It was deeply hidden in grass so no way I would have seen it otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

missmyler wrote: »
    I dont suppose she had find my iphone set up on it?

I lost mine last week walking through the fields in Castletown and thankfully was able to trace it from my computer when I got back home. It was deeply hidden in grass so no way I would have seen it otherwise

If she had find my iphone it would have only worked when the iphone was on. Wont work when iphone is switched off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

It would work again if the finder/thief turns it back on and it connects to the internet. It can send you an alert when this happens. Unless they go ahead and wipe it

Anyway not much use to her if she hasn't installed

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Yeah unfortunately it's only a newish phone and she never had it setup. It's a great feature, I used to make it sound when I lost it around the house!

But I don't think there's much we can do other than maybe wait and see if someone finds it somehow. Unlikely as that is, but I said I'd start the thread just incase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

dan185 wrote: »
    Yeah unfortunately it's only a newish phone and she never had it setup. It's a great feature, I used to make it sound when I lost it around the house!

But I don't think there's much we can do other than maybe wait and see if someone finds it somehow. Unlikely as that is, but I said I'd start the thread just incase.

it's likely that someone has it and is planning on selling it or using it.
    I would get her to ring her network provider with the IMEI number and have the phone blocked so it can't be used on any networks. On the off chance of her having it returned to her, the network provider will unblock it.

Advertisement