Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tesco credit card-lost payment

Options
  • 15-10-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

i made a payment by cheque of €1300 on 9/8 at a branch of the bank i bank with and was issued receipt. within following days had credit card transactions declined instore and online. contacted tesco personal finance (TPF) to be told there was no record of a payment. but visited bank branch where it was confirmed that €1300 had left my a/c on 9/8.
    between 22/8 and 9/10 i contacted TPF 10 times but they hadnt found my payment despite me providing cheque (and account/sort code) number, also sort and account numbers from the payment giro.
    I was advised on 9/10 by TPF that a seperate bank agency processes payments for TPF in the Republic of Ireland but hadnt located my payment, and today received a letter confirming this, going on to suggest i "should contact the branch where i made the payment and ask them to trace it".
    obviously this is exactly what i will do, but has anyone any suggestions as to where i stand? how and where do i complain ?
    this is a not inconsequential sum of money and had it been applied i would have cleared my balance by now. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gunslinger99

damian139 wrote: »
    i made a payment by cheque of €1300 on 9/8 at a branch of the bank i bank with and was issued receipt. within following days had credit card transactions declined instore and online. contacted tesco personal finance (TPF) to be told there was no record of a payment. but visited bank branch where it was confirmed that €1300 had left my a/c on 9/8.
    between 22/8 and 9/10 i contacted TPF 10 times but they hadnt found my payment despite me providing cheque (and account/sort code) number, also sort and account numbers from the payment giro.
    I was advised on 9/10 by TPF that a seperate bank agency processes payments for TPF in the Republic of Ireland but hadnt located my payment, and today received a letter confirming this, going on to suggest i "should contact the branch where i made the payment and ask them to trace it".
    obviously this is exactly what i will do, but has anyone any suggestions as to where i stand? how and where do i complain ?
    this is a not inconsequential sum of money and had it been applied i would have cleared my balance by now. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Sorry for dragging up old post but same thing has happened to me , made 3 online payments to credit card over the space of about a week - 2 made it onto the card but the 3rd is lost.can I ask did you get this resolved & how ? Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Don't drag up old threads, as per the charter

As this occured months ago, the OP may not even be around or reading this forum. A PM would be a better way of getting someone's attention in future :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement