Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before a clearomiser has to be replaced?

Options
  • 15-10-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

How long do people here get from their clearos? a week? two weeks? only a couple of days?

About two weeks in, the two CE4's are giving me a burnt hit every second go at this stage. Changed to a mini vivi nova on Friday and I'm getting the same thing today, every second hit tastes burnt.

When I get a burnt hit, I need to tip it so that both wicks are well soaked so that the next one is usually ok.

On an unrelated note, I got a couple of these from ESI. I tried one out, but the taste I get from it is terrible, like I'm getting the taste of the filler materiel and little of the juice, very little vapour (at 4.2 to 4.8v).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Lucutus wrote: »
    How long do people here get from their clearos? a week? two weeks? only a couple of days?

About two weeks in, the two CE4's are giving me a burnt hit every second go at this stage. Changed to a mini vivi nova on Friday and I'm getting the same thing today, every second hit tastes burnt.

When I get a burnt hit, I need to tip it so that both wicks are well soaked so that the next one is usually ok.

On an unrelated note, I got a couple of these from ESI. I tried one out, but the taste I get from it is terrible, like I'm getting the taste of the filler materiel and little of the juice, very little vapour (at 4.2 to 4.8v).

If it has wicks and you can take that part out then you can clean it.

1 way is to dry burn it until you see the wire inside glow red, stop and do it again a few times until the wire glows red quickly. once thats done it will give a rank burnt taste like what you're getting now. leave it in a bit of vodka (lidl vodka works wonders :D) for a few hours and then let it dry. once its dried put it back in and vape away :D

Have been using kanger t2's for a month and had the exact same problem about a week in and did the above and it worked fine. Only one i've thrown out was the one i took apart and could put back together again.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Most of the clearomisers now come with a replaceable head and usually last a couple of weeks before the heads need changing so it sounds about right and if you have the ones with the changeable heads you can get the replaceable heads for about €2. I've come across people that use them for a month but it all depends on usage and the types of juices used in them as some of the sweeter or thicker type juices tend to clog up the coils faster.

The mega cartomiser you linked really needs to be well soaked in juice before use, as if the coils in them aren't wet enough when you start vaping them they can be ruined for good then and give off a burnt taste. They tend to suit the higher pg juices as they are thinner and soak through them better. Its also important to keep them moist and not let them dry out either throughout use as if they go too dry the coil can burn up giving a burnt taste.

Just one thing I forgot to mention when filling any clearomisers or cartomisers for the first fill its good practice to leave them for about 10 minutes or longer if you can after filling them to give the juice a chance to wick to the coils fully. I also usually do a few quick sharp puffs without firing the button as well and I find it helps to make sure the juice is flowing through to the coils properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

newmark wrote: »
    The mega cartomiser you linked really needs to be well soaked in juice before use, as if the coils in them aren't wet enough when you start vaping them they can be ruined for good then and give off a burnt taste. They tend to suit the higher pg juices as they are thinner and soak through them better. Its also important to keep them moist and not let them dry out either throughout use as if they go too dry the coil can burn up giving a burnt taste.

That's probably what happened so, I only put in about 1ml of el toro cigarillos to try it out...so maybe the coil inside was just burning up the filler?

I filled it up, (takes about 2.5ml in total), when it wasn't working out, still getting the same bad taste. I'll try the second one tonight with a thinner juice, filled from the start and see how it performs. thanks newmark.

newmark wrote: »
    I also usually do a few quick sharp puffs without firing the button as well and I find it helps to make sure the juice is flowing through to the coils properly.

This! This is the key!

• Advertisement

That's probably what happened so, I only put in about 1ml of el toro cigarillos to try it out...so maybe the coil inside was just burning up the filler?

I filled it up, (takes about 2.5ml in total), when it wasn't working out, still getting the same bad taste. I'll try the second one tonight with a thinner juice, filled from the start and see how it performs. thanks newmark.

No worries, yes ur probably better off dumping it now rather than wasting more juice as its hard to recover them once they are giving off a burnt taste. Next time keep filling it up until you see the juice starting to gather around the top and not soaking through. It helps to fill them cartomisers while holding them at an angle too and just keep spinning them around slowly while filling them. The good news is them mega cartomisers work great when setup properly as I have used them quite a bit and have been using one exclusively on my e-pipe since I got it but I never dare try any of the thicker type liquids in them.

Aye, lesson learned! The vivi I have on here is still giving me a 1 in 5 burnt hit, but it's nearly out of juice. The sharp pulls while not pressing the button are definitely helping though, I can see it soaking into the wicks when doing it.

there's always a little trick with everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

First off, am mainly posting to see my signature, as I'm year smoke free today. But in relation to the CE4's, I used to get almost a week out of the version 2. Have been using the CE4 V3 with replaceable heads for past couple of months. The tubes are still perfect, and I just repace the atomizer head every 5-7 days approx. Some people get much much longer than this and others less. The most common atomizer head is 2.4 ohms, don't know what you are using, but many juices will burn terribly with a 2.4ohm head and at 4.2 - 4.8v. Lower voltage or higher ohm atomizer head is what you need to try I think.

Tried the other smok dual coil with ESI's Ankara juice there this evening.

Worked out much better when I left it alone for 30 mins after filling.

Then went lower volts and stepped it up found the sweet spot around 3.8 or so, not too warm. Unfortunately, I didn't take to the flavour of the juice, but it worked well this time around. Will try to clean it out and see if I can get another juice in there.

I 'creatively dismantled' the first one and found that the filler material was burnt up around the centre core, so that explains that.

Advertisement