Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC. 650ish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

I think that's about as good a build as you'll get for that money. If you can stretch your budget to a quad-core CPU it would be a big benefit. Also a DVD-RW drive is only €4 more, always handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

You have an overclockable motherboard but a locked processor. Is that intentional? A H series motherboard should be cheaper with mostly the same spec.

Is there a need for an aftermarket cooler?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Yeah I would say drop the cooler, drop the size of the SSD and bump to an i5 if you can. Could also skip on the disk drive altogether, thats what Im doing to keep costs down. Nothing stopping you putting in a nice BD drive later :) Also, build it yourself. Fun experience, learn something, less risk something breaks in postage and save another 20!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Andyb41

Alright thanks for the replies, I've decided that I'm going to save up for another while so I can build a better system!

Advertisement