Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Docter that accepts medical cards in Dublin City Center?

Options
  • 15-10-2012 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Hey can anyone recommend a good doctor in City center that accepts medical cards and does not have some kind of 3 week waiting list. Must be a female doctor also? (posting on behalf of my otherhalf)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Casshern88 wrote: »
    that accepts medical cards
    Apologies for not answering you question but just to clarify - A GP doesn't decide whether or not to accept medical cards. They are either part of or excluded from the GMS system. They can't accept/decline cards holders on an ad hoc basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Ok i see. So one that is in GMS system. She tried one place on dame street but was told they didnt accept medical cards. I'm guessing they are just not on that system so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Your local HSE Health Centre can give you a list of GPs in the GMS panel. You could also have a look HERE for GPs in your area. Not all of them may be in the GMS scheme, but you could choose a couple, ring them & ask.

Just bear in mind that if their list is full or their quota has been reached they won't be able to accept you, but you should be able to find one.

Advertisement