Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Meter Confusion

Options
  • 15-10-2012 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm hoping you can clear something up for me.

I've a Day/Night meter installed for our apartment, so any time I request the Meter readings from our management company I get a day and night figure.

When we moved into our apartment our landlord showed us the 'Storage Heater Switch' which would would need to leave clicked on overnight for it to charge and store up heat.

During the day this switch seems to have no electricity going to it, but then overnight it does. Am I right in saying the meter is clicking this on?

If so, does this mean I have a second meter feeding this or is this a function of our main day/night meter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi justindublin,

Yes, it would be normal for a dual-tariff/nightsaver meter to activate the storate heaters at the off-peak hours; an additional meter is not necessary for this.

To be absolutely sure of your set up (as there is such a thing as a NSH (night storage heating) meter -see my post on the difference between this and a normal nightsaver meter here), we would need you to send us your account details via private message (please use this inbox).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement