Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which cordless screwdriver would be best aldi vs lidl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭AidanBoland

What would you be using it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 paddler1974

Hi will just be doing normal home diy, shelves, flatpack, etc.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was just thinking today one of these would be handy. Are they any good, or a bit ****e? :)

Here's another one in a similar price range.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7114683/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/3%7Ccat_19805469%7CPower+tools%7C14418763/Trail/searchtext%3ESCREWDRIVER.htm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You need a propper cordless screwgun.

Both of those will have no power or torque in them.

Save your 20 euro,stick another 20 euro on and buy a propper cordless screwgun/drill (18 volt)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 paddler1974

Hi paddy147,
    I have a bosch drill and have two broken black and decker cordless screwdrivers both of which are broken(not there fault), just looking to replace them and the price of these aldi and lidl ones tempted me. I have heard good reports on some of the aldi and lidl own brand tools, and have a power washer which is a rebranded karcher. I suppose i was wondering if the battery in the aldi link its 600mAH would be sufficient for real world use I know my other ones were only 3.6v and its 4.8v. The lidl one is only 3.6v but its battery is 1350mAH
    thanks for your input,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

A carpenter friend of mine has two of the lidl ones and uses them for kitchens and flat pack assemble... (two because they take a while to charge) but used them for these low torque jobs which you typically use a hand screw driver for.... anything you cant do by hand.... these wont do!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

On sale in Aldi from the 25th (thursday)

http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_24109.htm

18 volt and 1 hour charging time.And a 3 year guarentee too.

All for a mere 25 euro.

Advertisement