Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any substitute for a salary certificate?

• 15-10-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Got a phone call from my employer today saying that they can't fill out the salary cert because I don't fulfil one of their criteria. I was just wondering would a letter from them to state my position and salary etc do for the mortgage approval or does it have to be the specific form they've sent out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

thehamo wrote: »
    Got a phone call from my employer today saying that they can't fill out the salary cert because I don't fulfil one of their criteria. I was just wondering would a letter from them to state my position and salary etc do for the mortgage approval or does it have to be the specific form they've sent out?

What criteria?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Zamboni wrote: »

What criteria?

Basically I'm a substitute teacher. Im in a school up until the end of may and the The bank are fully aware of my situation. However the department said they can't fill out the form because I'm not classed as having a per/temp/ fixed term job I'm just subbing in a school. I tried telling them I've back to back maternities and I am a fixes term employee but they weren't biting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

A tax clearance cert might do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Basically I'm a substitute teacher. Im in a school up until the end of may and the The bank are fully aware of my situation. However the department said they can't fill out the form because I'm not classed as having a per/temp/ fixed term job I'm just subbing in a school. I tried telling them I've back to back maternities and I am a fixes term employee but they weren't biting

A letter from the Dept describing your exact situation should suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

You'll struggle to get a bank to take your income into account as a substitute teacher... They'll only lend to teachers in permanent jobs or on CID's

• Advertisement

killers1 wrote: »
    You'll struggle to get a bank to take your income into account as a substitute teacher... They'll only lend to teachers in permanent jobs or on CID's

I went through it all with the bank already and have the loan offer already. They know I'm in a position until june and had to furnish 3 different letters from the school to state the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

what about after june?

what about after june?

My pay is structured so that the days I'm not working will be compensated by the rate of pay. After money saved I will have the equivilent of 2 months salary during the summer. Il be on a panel to be chosen for perm jobs after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

Unfortunately the bank have their rule and obviously one of them is a salary cert.
    My pay is structured so that the days I'm not working will be compensated by the rate of pay. After money saved I will have the equivilent of 2 months salary during the summer. Il be on a panel to be chosen for perm jobs after that.

Crossed out some slightly irrelevant stuff there.

You will likely need:
    • Evidence (possibly a letter) showing their obligation to pay you maternity leave (or whatever compensates you for the rate of pay on days you're not working), and income whenever this maternity leave ends
    • Any available P45s and P60s (esp for 2011)
    • At least your last 3 months of payslips, probably more
    • A copy of your current contract
    • It might be no harm to give a cover letter briefly outlining your situation and outlining a schedule of future income (only income you're guaranteed, not subbing or potential pay if you get a job)

This is only a suggestion. I can't guarantee it will work. Usually people with unusual situations will go through a mortgage broker who can lay out the evidence in a way acceptable to the bank. There is no discount for "going direct" to a bank so it might be advantageous to use a broker.

tony81 wrote: »
    Unfortunately the bank have their rule and obviously one of them is a salary cert.

Crossed out some slightly irrelevant stuff there.

You will likely need:
    • Evidence (possibly a letter) showing their obligation to pay you maternity leave (or whatever compensates you for the rate of pay on days you're not working), and income whenever this maternity leave ends
    • Any available P45s and P60s (esp for 2011)
    • At least your last 3 months of payslips, probably more
    • A copy of your current contract
    • It might be no harm to give a cover letter briefly outlining your situation and outlining a schedule of future income (only income you're guaranteed, not subbing or potential pay if you get a job)

This is only a suggestion. I can't guarantee it will work. Usually people with unusual situations will go through a mortgage broker who can lay out the evidence in a way acceptable to the bank. There is no discount for "going direct" to a bank so it might be advantageous to use a broker.

Thanks. Just to clarify, I have 2 letters given to the bank from the school I am in stating the period that I will be working in the school. I have handed in 6 months bank statements, 3 months payslips, p60's p21's for the past 3 years, and the latest payslip. We already have mortgage approval, and we already have our loan offer letter from the bank for the property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Thanks. Just to clarify, I have 2 letters given to the bank from the school I am in stating the period that I will be working in the school. I have handed in 6 months bank statements, 3 months payslips, p60's p21's for the past 3 years, and the latest payslip. We already have mortgage approval, and we already have our loan offer letter from the bank for the property.

A loan offer is no use to you if you can't comply with the conditions on it. If you've already spoken to the bank about your employment situation and they are aware you are a substitute teacher just ask your employer to put that down in the permanent/full time/ contract question

Advertisement