If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you recommend

Options
  • 15-10-2012 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,348 ✭✭✭✭

A tv (not to be plasma) that is better than the Panny VT50 please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,348 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Iv decided to give the samsung ES8000 range a go. Now that isnt 100% confirmed but I thought that would be on par with the VT50

thoughts?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Headshot wrote: »
    Iv decided to give the samsung ES8000 range a go. Now that isnt 100% confirmed but I thought that would be on par with the VT50

thoughts?

Sorry for the late response - if it was me I'd be gong with your first instinct - the VT50 is just grill - if you wanted to go LED the new 9 series Philips with the moth eye filter is pure stunning but stock seem to be a disaster ( and that's before we start on the likely pricing )

Have a look at the initial tech radar review here: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/televisions/plasma-and-lcd-tvs/philips-46pfl9707-1094562/review

Keep me posted if we can assist and again apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Keep me posted,

Atvb

J

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the reply. What are your thoughts of the ES8000?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Headshot wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. What are your thoughts of the ES8000?
    Its probably the sexiest of the trio when it comes to looks and toys - but the audio quality isn't great and the Pana and the Philips (in my subjective opinion) have significantly better picture quality which is in my mind what counts - the other poster mentioned the 953 Sony which we don't stock and to be honest I don't have any experience of it - but again the 853 whilst an excellent TV and gorgeous looking isn't in the same league as the VT50 or the PFL9707...

designed to confuse - that's me ( eek)

Atvb

John mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the reply John

Just for argument sake, when will the Philips 46PFL9707 be instock and any chance of a rough price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnj1969

apologies,i thought you were asking for general advice from op's also on tvs better than the panasonic vt50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The Philips 46PFL9707 is coming in at £2499.95.

These would be special order for us so they are unlikely to come into regular stock.

Hope this helps but keep us posted if we can help any further.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.