Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embodied Energy Information

• 15-10-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hope someone here might be able to give me a dig out.
    I am doing a thesis on embodied energy and I am looking for good books or publications on the subject. I have looked read through a few green building and sustainable design books but they dont seem to go into too much detail about it. I cant seem to find any books specifically on it either.....
    Im hoping some of you here may have come across something which might be able to help me, really appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

Found this site intersesting - http://www.thegreenestbuilding.org

It's US based, so materials and units are formatted for the States rather then the EU. Principle is the same though

You could also look at the following which may have relevant sections on embodied energy in an Irish context

'A Green Vitruivius' or its predecessor
    'Green Design'

I'd be pretty sure that there's some stuff in the Construct Ireland Archive online as well.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Have looked at the 'ice' database, start there and pm when you've absorbed that. It gets tricky and very big when get into asseasment methods so best to use something that is established and easy to navigate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The direction has been given above.

Sorry guys but we dont allow surveys, thesis, research etc. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement