Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Paddock Stand?

• 15-10-2012 6:44pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a cheap paddock stand? Just a rear one for oiling chain etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lidl/Aldi were doing them 2-3 weeks ago....I seen them in some stores still. You might be lucky if you ring around....worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

not sure if it's cheap or not, just keep seeing it when i'm on the site

http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/biketek-rear-paddock-stand-incl-free-delivery-783-p.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/biketek-rear-paddock-stand-incl-free-delivery-783-p.asp

Yeah, that's not bad. Horsepower does them too, only €2 dearer. They deliver too. I have two of these myself and they're pretty handy. The ONLY fault I have with them is the circlips tend to come off the wheels, so you may need to get a couple of spare circlips. Other than that, they're grand.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have the little bolt things that stick out so I'll need one with the hooks on it. Do I have to buy them extra or do some of them come with them? Any other online stores i can buy these from?

Zascar wrote: »
    I have the little bolt things that stick out so I'll need one with the hooks on it. Do I have to buy them extra or do some of them come with them? Any other online stores i can buy these from?

You can order them as an extra to hook onto your bobbins. They're only €15 for a pair. You can see them on the link I put up (pg.24)

I don't know of any other Irish sites you can get them from. Demon Tweeks in the UK have a good range, and some of them already have hooks or "V" shaped catches for the bobbins. Link HERE I've used them a few times, speedy delivery, never had problems with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭ratracer

Where are you based? I have one in the garage with the hooks on. You can have it for €20 plus postage if ya want.

ratracer wrote: »
    Where are you based? I have one in the garage with the hooks on. You can have it for €20 plus postage if ya want.

Good on ya lad, very generous of you! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

IIRC Cotters are about the same. I got one of them and ended up buying swing arm bobbins and hooks, I didn't trust that style and it was crushing the scottoilier tube when I used it. I really don't trust the these as one side never looks safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Del2005 wrote: »
    IIRC Cotters are about the same. I got one of them and ended up buying swing arm bobbins and hooks, I didn't trust that style and it was crushing the scottoilier tube when I used it. I really don't trust the these as one side never looks safe.
    Had that front stand for a year and never had issues with it.

including rebuilding a front end twice on it!

kaimera wrote: »
    Had that front stand for a year and never had issues with it.

including rebuilding a front end twice on it!

Likewise, I have two of these also and never had any issues with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Likewise, I have two of these also and never had any issues with them.

I've never had any issues, just don't like the way one side sits. It doesn't look as safe as it could be

I've never had any issues, just don't like the way one side sits. It doesn't look as safe as it could be

Ah gotcha, like when you lift up the front, one side of the stand goes a bit lob-sided?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks Ratracer, pm sent!

Advertisement