Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay error

Options
  • 15-10-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

I'm currently trying to buy something on Ebay via Paypal. My Paypal account is verified and I've bought from international sellers before, but for some reason this error keeps popping up at the checkout.

"Sorry, we were unable to process your request. Please try again. You may need to retry your checkout."

I've contacted the seller and she said perhaps Paypal was down. I've logged out of my Ebay and Paypal, waited half an hour but the same error keeps popping up. There's been no activity on my Paypal. Have double checked everything and I can't see any reason for there to be an issue.

Emailed Ebay customer support and they told me to ring an American number and the queue was 9mins of a wait. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

me and my gf are both having this issue with different accounts and cards. googled it and all the questions online are recent enough so its a new problem it seems. ill ring paypal tomorrow to try and find out, its pretty annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Tried again just there and it went through fine. :D

Maybe it was just a temporary glitch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

AFAIK this was a temporary glitch affecting a small number of people at a specific time the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

It's still affectingme and my gfs account too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

LisaLee wrote: »
    I'm currently trying to buy something on Ebay via Paypal. My Paypal account is verified and I've bought from international sellers before, but for some reason this error keeps popping up at the checkout.

"Sorry, we were unable to process your request. Please try again. You may need to retry your checkout."

I've contacted the seller and she said perhaps Paypal was down. I've logged out of my Ebay and Paypal, waited half an hour but the same error keeps popping up. There's been no activity on my Paypal. Have double checked everything and I can't see any reason for there to be an issue.

Emailed Ebay customer support and they told me to ring an American number and the queue was 9mins of a wait. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem? Thanks.

Had that with Deal Extreme, I was using Internet Explorer, someone said try a different browser, I did and it worked.

Might be of help.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Greenman wrote: »
    Had that with Deal Extreme, I was using Internet Explorer, someone said try a different browser, I did and it worked.

Might be of help.:)

Same issue for me, both on the current Firefox (home) and an old IE (work). I last bought from ebay a week ago with no issue. Frustrating...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rodia77

I am experiencing this problem for the first time ever now.
    Funny because 10-20 minutes ago I paid for another item using the very same method.
    The seller is located in China, purchase of less than €10 in value, so no big deal, I'm not in a hurry to experiment with different browsers and such, will just wait and see if I can make the payment at a later time.
    FWIW

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

This happens me all the time unless I use Ebay.ie .
    From various forums it appears to be connected with an Ebay site update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

^^^ What he said, it seems to common enough on ebay.co.uk since a recent site update.
    If you try to purchase the same item on ebay.ie the transaction should go through.
    Just keep an eye on your paypal a/c to ensure you are not charged twice for the item.
    It is definitely an Ebay issue, although it doesn't occur until you are in the middle of the paypal part of the transaction.

Advertisement