Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returns to Harvey Norman

Options
  • 15-10-2012 7:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi folks just looking for a bit of advice -i bought a cooker from harvey norman last week and now i want to return it -ok its unwrapped and out of the box but it hasnt been used.
    Just wondering will they take it back.

Cheers for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

I would doubt it. If they take it back they will have to sell it on but with no box and unwrapped. Always worth a try though. Maybe they would give you a refund minus any discount they would have to give to the next customer for it not being boxed as new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

01902 wrote: »
    I would doubt it. If they take it back they will have to sell it on but with no box and unwrapped. Always worth a try though. Maybe they would give you a refund minus any discount they would have to give to the next customer for it not being boxed as new.

Also they might be more willing to do a partial exchange rather than a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gaziah

Don't know if it's any help to you, but I brought back a faulty stereo ( not exactly a cooker I know), and they were very helpful and changed it no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Faulty products are different. Faulty products sent back to the manufacturer by the retailer for a refund to them. Unwanted products have to be resold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

They are not obliged to take it back unless it is faulty. You could say the spouse didn't like it or something like that or it was too big for the space in your kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

best policy is a honest one, dont lie, just say why or why-not and see what they can do for you.

they are not obliged to refund,exchange or other.

Advertisement