Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good 26/27" Monitor

Options
  • 15-10-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I would like to purchase a full HD monitor, to use with my PC. Just wondering what people think are good places to go and buy? I was looking in currys/pc world/etc. but the largest they have is about 23".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Budget?

Most people will suggest having a look at these monitors. Good value for the money but there's import duties attached.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056587214

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GWNiall

My budget is about 300 euro, but would like to keep it under by a bit if possible.

Hmm... that's a bit low for a 27'' monitor. Reason being is that they tend to be 1920x1080 resolution when you go for the cheaper ones so it doesn't look great when you're at that size.

Have you considered multiple monitors? - Would you have the desk space and what is your graphics card?

Monotype wrote: »
    Hmm... that's a bit low for a 27'' monitor. Reason being is that they tend to be 1920x1080 resolution when you go for the cheaper ones so it doesn't look great when you're at that size.

Have you considered multiple monitors? - Would you have the desk space and what is your graphics card?

I have the desk space yes, I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 7950, but I am running into a bit of a problem. My computer won't pick it up for some reason. Woul you have any idea why? I've run dxdiag and it says that i'm running off the Intel HD Graphics chip.

Maybe there's an option to where the PCI-E slot is disabled in the BIOS/UEFI? Are the correct drivers installed? Does it come up in the device manager (Start menu -> Right-click on Computer -> Manage -> Device manager on left hand side)?

• Advertisement

I tried to change the slot that the card was plugged into on the mother board, but now it just boot loops. I changed it back, but to the same effect. It boots, all the fans turn on, the cpu fan comes on, the led on the case comes on, but nothing on the screen, then after about 5 seconds it reboots. Would you have any idea as to why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

is the monitor plugged into the GPU or the IO panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

here's a monitor that's uses the exact same panel as the catleap but basicly in a different panel and is just under €240:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-ACHIEVA-Shimian-QH270-Lite-Quad-HD-2560x1440-16-9-DVI-D-Computer-Monitor-/330788923443?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4d048e6833

Here's a video review for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akJVKzzp4a4

But you'll still have to pay taxes (not saying it's a bad deal but about 25% would bring you up to €300).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Just wondering if the crossovers/ shimians listed on amazon.co.uk are the same quality etc. I assume these wouldn't have taxes etc to apply? Seems to be an odd good price there

• Advertisement

Just saw on the other thread that you got your graphics card problem sorted GWNiall.
    What kind of a monitor have you got already?

If you didn't fancy the catleap/one suggested by IMH, I'd think about 3 monitors. Now that kind of resolution would be heavy on any card, but the 7950 is no slouch, so it would still manage reasonably well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

tritium wrote: »
    Just wondering if the crossovers/ shimians listed on amazon.co.uk are the same quality etc. I assume these wouldn't have taxes etc to apply? Seems to be an odd good price there

Found this good overiew of the different models the other day, although it is a few months old most i not all of the info is still relevant.

http://www.swiftworld.net/2012/04/14/budget-korean-27-ips-monitor-information-and-comparison-of-the-different-brands-and-models/

Advertisement