Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bodies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Don't they normally open at the crotch? Should be grand.... I'm jealous of anyone that can pull them off....... Must get back to that gym!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My girlfriend wears these a lot, never complains about them being uncomfortable or awkward when we're out, she got one that's a bit short once and when she wears that she leaves the poppers at the crotch open and tucked into her jeans, you'd never know.

I like them, they look great on my GF anyway. :)

Oh, she got a strapless one from American Apperal which looks great but she does have to watch for her boobs popping out, worth keeping in mind. Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

ArtyC wrote: »
    Don't they normally open at the crotch? Should be grand.... I'm jealous of anyone that can pull them off....... Must get back to that gym!!

Would you have to be really skinny to pull one off? I guess I'm thinking that they are just like a top except for the whole being like a swimsuit:o!! If you were wearing one inside skinny jeans you wouldn't have to be that slim would you??

Like I'm a size 10/12 and I'm not gym bunny! Like, I do go to the gym but I love my food too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

With skinny jeans it would be a tight, streamlined look. Every bump would show up if you're not super skinny. It's not like wearing a top because even tucked in a top will naturally ride up and hide most things. I think you'll only know for sure if you try one on. I used to wear them but I don't now because I've put on a little bit of weight. It just doesn't look right.

As for comfort, I had one that would rub at my thighs so I used to wear it over tights with a skirt.

With skinny jeans it would be a tight, streamlined look. Every bump would show up if you're not super skinny. It's not like wearing a top because even tucked in a top will naturally ride up and hide most things. I think you'll only know for sure if you try one on. I used to wear them but I don't now because I've put on a little bit of weight. It just doesn't look right.

As for comfort, I had one that would rub at my thighs so I used to wear it over tights with a skirt.

Ok thanks....might leave it for a while so, I don't know would I be that confident in myself to be wearing one after all:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Why not try one on and see? Could be fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

"Has anyone ever worn one of these with skinny jeans?"

Yeah... in the '80's!

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    "Has anyone ever worn one of these with skinny jeans?"

Yeah... in the '80's!

Well it seems the 80's have come around again cos they are very much still around:rolleyes:

The '80's should stay in the '80's, just my personal opinion.

Bodies are, I think, pretty unhygienic the way they tie between your legs. Hot sweaty grossness that look like you're bet into it and can't breath properly.
    leahyl wrote: »
    Well it seems the 80's have come around again cos they are very much still around:rolleyes:

Bodies are, I think, pretty unhygienic the way they tie between your legs. Hot sweaty grossness that look like you're bet into it and can't breath properly.

Fair enough but it didn't come across very well the way you said it - like you were making fun of me but anyway lets forget about it - probably won't get one anyway

• Advertisement

Why would I be making fun of you?

I was saying that bodies should be left in the '80's.. there are other things from the era that are worth revisiting but body suits? No way.
    Fair enough but it didn't come across very well the way you said it - like you were making fun of me but anyway lets forget about it - probably won't get one anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

I've had a few of these (all asos) by a size true to you. No need to go up a size. I never had any problem with them being uncomforable. Most are jersey or cottom stretch...actually quite comfortable. I had one lace one too but apart from catching it on a door handle and ripping it to bits and I didn't have any problem either. They can be a little fidgety for going to the loo but that's only if you close all the buttons...I used to just close the buttons at the side...left and right nearest each thigh and leave the middle ones open..then I had no problem. They make these in big sizes so I don't agree that you have to be particularly skinny to wear them, depends on the material...sure they are just like a top...you don't see the bottom half unless...well you wear it on its own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Actually they were really in in 90's. They can be perfectly comfortable and hygienic if worn over underwear.

OP, a lot depends on your waist size. They might look grand when you are standing but can be very unforgiving when sitting. I really liked them under see through tops because of their slim line appearance. And they would always stay in place.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have a few, but would wear them with high waisted skirts rather than jeans. I tried with jeans, but it just showed a liiiiittle bit too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I've worn these with high waisted skirts too. They look great on! But beware if you wear one on a night out! A few drinks + bathroom + dealing with a load of buttons etc.. very annoying lol :o. Same downfall as wearing a playsuit really!

Thanks for all the responses guys - I realise they're not everyones cuppa tea (;)) but I think they look nice - well on the models they do, probably not so much on me now when I try one on! Anyone know what high street shops do them as all the nice ones I've seen are on asos and I want to try on first before buying if possible.

on the models they do

I think everyone should take this on board before buying into 'high street fashion'. It's not for everyone: Try Before You Buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Flip - I remember wearing these way back in the early 90s when I was 12. I think that's where I'll be leaving them. Far too much hassle :)

I think everyone should take this on board before buying into 'high street fashion'. It's not for everyone: Try Before You Buy.

Yes I know, that's what I said I would be doing;)

?
    Yes I know, that's what I said I would be doing;)

• Advertisement

?

I was just saying that I had said that in my post about trying one before I bought one:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Actually that goes for any type of fashion if your figure is not exactly perfect. Designer clothing won't fit you any better just because it's designer.

I call it 'disposable fashion'... things that are 'in' for a few months, look fabulous on the girls in magazines but the general joe public really can't carry it off.

Fashion is fashion. Style is something else entirely.
    meeeeh wrote: »
    Actually that goes for any type of fashion if your figure is not exactly perfect. Designer clothing won't fit you any better just because it's designer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I think they look great, and I wore them the first time round - in the 90s.

I had a red one with a low cut neckline and I LOVED it - I thought I was very sophisticated!

Ive been looking at them this time round wondering if Im too old and too heavy (I was only a skinny little thing in the 90s).

Although I am liking whats been suggested about a high waisted skirt! I think this thread has given me the courage to try one and see will it work.

Advertisement