Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music courses

• 15-10-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey guys,

I'm in sixth year at the moment, and I'm in a bit of a panic about my choices for next year.

I'm going to study music, but I'd like to take an extra year to do theory and performance practice. Anyone have any idea about courses like the RIAM music access course? I'm only at grade 4 ABRSM cello and classical guitar at the moment, with no formal theory, so I'm fairly limited.

Not really interested in sound technology or management, just classical!

Any help would be very very very much appreciated!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Hey guys,

I'm in sixth year at the moment, and I'm in a bit of a panic about my choices for next year.

I'm going to study music, but I'd like to take an extra year to do theory and performance practice. Anyone have any idea about courses like the RIAM music access course? I'm only at grade 4 ABRSM cello and classical guitar at the moment, with no formal theory, so I'm fairly limited.

Not really interested in sound technology or management, just classical!

Any help would be very very very much appreciated!
    :)

Hey! I'm hoping to study music next year...number one choice would be the RIAM BA in performance but another option for me, in case I don't get in is the Access Course. As I understand it, it is basically an introduction into what music in college is like so it gives you an opportunity to test out your suitability for a career in it, as well as developing your musical skills before fully committing to a full degree course! :) the course basically prepares you for entering college. Since you're on grade 4 at the moment, it would be an excellent idea to do this course as it will help you develop your repertoire as well as music theory and skills which are essential for third level. :)

http://www.riam.ie/courses/full-time-courses/access-course/. <=== that's the link to the info on it. For more, I'd suggest ringing or emailing the RIAM.

Advertisement