Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Digibox??

• 15-10-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Well, my 9 year old sky digibox seems to have gone to the great dish in the sky ('scuse the puns :D)

Does anyone know where I can get one in Limerick - not a HD or a Sky+ box, just a bog-standard digibox for the bedroom? A second hand/re-conditioned one would do fine.

I can get them online, but if possible I'd prefer to get one locally.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have a look on adverts.ie or donedeal.ie. There are usually guys selling them there, one of them is bound to be local.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hey Delphi, are you willing to pay good money to replace with just standard Sky?

In that case maybe just ring Sky and say you are leaving to join a rival to avail of pause, rewind etc as your digibox is fubar.

Would be shocked if they didn't fire a Sky+ box at you for half nothing etc. Alt get a flat mate, spouse etc to sign as a 'new' customer and get Sky+ for half nothing. It's so much better than ordinary sky.

- Sorry being brief as on iPhone.....

PS Sky have a massive focus on customer retention is what I mean, try them - bet they'll want to keep your direct debit on terms you like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Raiser wrote: »
    Hey Delphi, are you willing to pay good money to replace with just standard Sky?

In that case maybe just ring Sky and say you are leaving to join a rival to avail of pause, rewind etc as your digibox is fubar.

Would be shocked if they didn't fire a Sky+ box at you for half nothing etc. Alt get a flat mate, spouse etc to sign as a 'new' customer and get Sky+ for half nothing. It's so much better than ordinary sky.

- Sorry being brief as on iPhone.....

PS Sky have a massive focus on customer retention is what I mean, try them - bet they'll want to keep your direct debit on terms you like!

They already have my direct debit for Sky+HD - have multiroom. This was the original digibox before I got rid of UPC and changed to multiroom.

Was given two options over the phone from support - 1. Get an engineer to come out and replace like for like at a cost of €100 or 2. Get a Sky+ box for €200!! Guy suggested instead that I got a second hand digibox and put the current viewer card into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Delphi PM a user on here called "steveon", he's usually very helpful with anything satellite tv related in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

I've one sat here you can have (free of charge), PM me for details :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I've one sat here you can have (free of charge), PM me for details :)

Gotta love Boards.ie for this type of thing - People often forget about the positives in the midst of the usual negatives that drive people away on here......

- One final word though, I've Sky multiroom and at the time gave the Sky guy another €10 to run an extra length of cable to my 2nd Sky digibox (ie 2 instead of one, to give option of Sky+ later on...) - then a while later picked up a Sky+ box off done deal for half nothing and rang Sky who changed a setting* at their end so have Sky+ X 2 at no extra monthly cost.

* Had verified this with them beforehand in case!

P.S. Brother in law got my extra Sky box or else I'd have happily handed it over to your good self Delphi ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I can give you a free sky hd box, i recently upgraded to one with a larger hdd,
    Im in annacotty, but you welcome to take it if you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Stuxnet wrote: »
    I can give you a free sky hd box, i recently upgraded to one with a larger hdd,
    Im in annacotty, but you welcome to take it if you like

:eek:

Incredibly decent of you stux in all fairness! :) I was actually going to ask could I put my name down in the queue if the OP didn't take it (which tbh I'd have snapped your arms off by now! :D), but that wouldn't be fair when I don't really need it. I was going to give it to the parents in law to replace their sky digibox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ya sure thing,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Hi all, thanks for the replies - I'm sorted...:D

Advertisement