Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

170 new ve-hicles for de Gards.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Just a suggestion, could'nt they get a load of them electric cars,a bit dearer all right, but nearly silent, they could sneak up on the bad guys instead of chasing them and save a fortune on petrol? This suggestion is patented by the way just in case any "transport consultants" are lurking here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I hope they get something cool. Was up in Dublin last year and there was some sort incident on Nassau st. The amount of unmarked beamers and mercs that pulled up was class, all in black, even the alloys, it was like something out of a movie.

Last week was driving through limerick and an unmarked put on the lights and sirens in a miserable,old,navy mondeo. I actually felt sorry for them, this thing was as rough looking as anything, would be nice to see them getting something cool for a change and it would be a perk for them. Plus I'm sure they would get plenty of young lads up looking at them, wanting to sit in them, would make a change from having rocks been thrown at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Joe prim wrote: »
    Just a suggestion, could'nt they get a load of them electric cars,a bit dearer all right, but nearly silent, they could sneak up on the bad guys instead of chasing them and save a fortune on petrol? This suggestion is patented by the way just in case any "transport consultants" are lurking here.

Only issue there is that if they have to drive the car for longer than an hour then its useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

There is an e in ages
    An Garda Siochana - AGS

Unless you were being sarcastic ....... then ignore:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

we need a few of these.

lamborghini-london-police.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Imagine three or four nnnGarrdaí speeding around in this bad boy

Police-car-25.06.09.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

we could have gotten 170 thousand cars with the money that's been paid to unsecured bondholders.
    Best way to keep a good credit history is to pay said unsecured bondholders. Good thing about keeping a good credit history is that you can get loans at a good rate. Which, when we're f**ked, is something that we need.

Firefox11 wrote: »
    we need a few of these.

lamborghini-london-police.jpg
    Nah, would never survive Irish roads.

We need a few of these...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LKIYWB_p8zs/TS7GQBSoKZI/AAAAAAAAAjM/QEruenBb2yY/s1600/mitsubishi-lancer-evo-x-police-car-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Boombastic wrote: »
    Sure it takes over 24 veh-icles to stop people cutting turf, not sure how many would be required for a more serious crime
    No, it took 24 vehicles to deal with a public order incident (among other things) involving a couple of hundred people who where trying to facilitate a criminal offence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I was in Dublin at the weekend and I couldn't help but notice how new and modern the garda cars and bikes looked in comparison to the things they give the country guards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

ScumLord wrote: »
    I was in Dublin at the weekend and I couldn't help but notice how new and modern the garda cars and bikes looked in comparison to the things they give the country guards.

Couple of new avensis yokes up here and some right smart looking unmarked mondeos up the M1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

squod wrote: »
    Couple of new avensis yokes up here and some right smart looking unmarked mondeos up the M1.

No matter what they purchase, they'll not get those Branch boys outta their beloved mondeos.

Advertisement