Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Substitute work

• 15-10-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hello,
    Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for finding substitute work in primary schools (currently based in cork)
    I have handed out cvs personally to as many schools as I can in wide circle around where I live. I have also registered for the textasub and renew every week.... so far only 2 texts, one for a gaelscoil and the other school preferred a teacher with more experience of multiple class situations...
    Am probated and have 12 years teaching experience. (last 10 spent abroad in Europe teaching EMT pupils not TEFL)

Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Have you given details to your local INTO branch secretary?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

Have you given details to your local INTO branch secretary?

Hi
    No I haven't..... I gave it into the the education centre in cork city...

as I'm not in a position in a school I haven't joined the INTO

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I'd suggest joining the INTO, there's a reduced rate for people not in full time work.Going to meetings will also put you in contact with other teachers and hopefully you'll get some work that way.

I'd suggest joining the INTO, there's a reduced rate for people not in full time work.Going to meetings will also put you in contact with other teachers and hopefully you'll get some work that way.

thanks for that, will do and hopefully something will turn up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I see you registered with textasub but you should also register with the INTO's subsearch. A lot of sub teachers go around to schools personally with their cv, might be worth a try.

• Advertisement

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I see you registered with textasub but you should also register with the INTO's subsearch. A lot of sub teachers go around to schools personally with their cv, might be worth a try.

Thanks for that, yes have registered for the textasub, will also do the INTO one now, didn't realise it was there.
    I've been around to the schools in the city and immediate suburbs, 90% of them had a file for posted in and called in, so it was worth the effort of driving around and calling in....

Just have to be patient I suppose...

Advertisement