Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why did you join boards?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

nbar12 wrote: »
    I started a 6 month internship in April and found myself to be extremely bored on some of the days. I had heard of boards but I thought people who used boards were full of "bellends" but how wrong was I. I'm not messing, if I didn't have boards during my internship, I'm pretty sure I would have went crazy! At first, I used boards to troll but then I actually found it interesting. I'm actually chuffed that my profile hasn't been deactivated because I've been banned from a fair few forums and don't know what I would do without AH

Some of them are full of bellends, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Don't discriminate against our gay brethren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Dean09 wrote: »
    Well then subscribe and change it.
    I subbed a while ago and was gonna change my name but I bottled it! I might drop the "09" bit though. I think that's a bit shíte now that its 2012! :pac:

Dean25.

see, that's called future proofing + people will forever assume you're 25 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Because my last account was banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

To start a thread on something I needed the answer to I think. Then I just started replying to other ****ty threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I played Quake. And all my quake friends joined. To be honest I'm nearly certain I have an older account, but I can't remember what the user ID is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

For the list of dogging spots secreted away and hidden in the religious fora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

There was the possibility of some scam involving Littlewoods that never panned out (computer for €4.99 etc). That was in Bargain Alerts.
    Been stuck here since looking for the exit (though I found the toilet a week back).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

1ZRed wrote: »

Dean25.

see, that's called future proofing + people will forever assume you're 25 ;)
    Hmm....I am 25 so that could work.

Either that or people think I was born in 1925 and I'm an 87 year old weirdo posting on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Grayson wrote: »
    I played Quake. And all my quake friends joined. To be honest I'm nearly certain I have an older account, but I can't remember what the user ID is.

I thought it was because you were such a cougar town addict :pac:

I should have my balls cut off and returned for actually knowing that... the shame ):

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

There was the possibility of some scam involving Littlewoods that never panned out (computer for €4.99 etc). That was in Bargain Alerts.
    Been stuck here since looking for the exit (though I found the toilet a week back).

For the love of God, please tell me ! I've been here years without knowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

To avoid doing work in college I think. Working now so it comes in handy avoiding work there too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Boombastic wrote: »
    To talk to you OP, I've been following you for a while now:pac:

Disclaimer: I haven't

May just leave to close my account..

Hey Dean09, Im a subscriber.. How do I change my name? No smart arse answers please people:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I don't know, but I know AH reminds me of Hotel California: you can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Hey Dean09, Im a subscriber.. How do I change my name? No smart arse answers please people:pac:

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave:D

Edit: Beaten to it by Pherekydes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

From using the old poker.ie message boards, I came here to check out the Poker forum.
    Then I got into Prison Break, so I started using that forum.
    Then I got into time-wasting irreverent humour and moaning, so I started using AH.
    Then I got into Lost, so I started using that forum.
    Now I regularly read and/or post in 10-20 forums, and gave up the poker forum a long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I was looking to start a band. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Mars Bar wrote: »

Ringo still isn't all that great on drums, Paul. Reckon we should get Pete back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

So that I can 'be sociable' whilst naked from the waist down.
    The only other time I could combine the two was working in a country post office (but even then, I sometimes had to turn away from the customer and reach for stuff).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

So that I can 'be sociable' whilst naked from the waist down.
    The only other time I could combine the two was working in a country post office (but even then, I sometimes had to turn away from the customer and reach for stuff).

Should have got a job reading the news:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Mars Bar wrote: »

Hah, i was looking for the same thing as well... Didn't really work out...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Think I was drunk cause I really don't remember signing up. Don't know why I'm still here either. My mind won't let me leave!

Go to the subscribers forum and post your request in the name change thread. I can't link to the forum now as I'm on the phone but as far as I remember its listed under the "soc" heading at the top of the page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

CounterStrike

I was on here for about 3 years with a different account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Dean09 wrote: »
    Go to the subscribers forum and post your request in the name change thread. I can't link to the forum now as I'm on the phone but as far as I remember its listed under the "soc" heading at the top of the page.
    Its under 'Sys' here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=331

Where To wrote: »
    Ah that's the one! I knew I had it wrong. Couldn't remember which one it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

To complain about foreigners and people on the dole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

For the list of dogging spots secreted away and hidden in the religious fora.
    Sure, that map is in Beruthiel's sig now under the guise of being a secret surf spot map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I was on the internet looking for the ride so I typed in www.broads.ie. Unfortunately for me I mistyped the address and I've been stuck on here ever since :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

pjmn wrote: »
    Was banned for life from Askaboutmoney.com for using the word 'Jesus'... {I kid you not!}.... so I came here instead....
    Yeah, I started on AAM aswell and found myself drifting towards boards, was broader for one than a website dedicated to financial issues
    So I could disagree with people.
    Oh no you didnt!

Advertisement