Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The WarZ October 15th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mrveder

IT UP GO GO GO

http://arktos-icdn.pandonetworks.com/WarZ_WebSetup.exe

Just posted a while ago on there facebook

Man no one ripped any one off apparently Warz was being created before dayz was out but who cares as an end user you get 2 quality games fighting for us to play there game, It only benefits us !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

mrveder wrote: »
    Man no one ripped any one off apparently Warz was being created before dayz was out but who cares as an end user you get 2 quality games fighting for us to play there game, It only benefits us !!!

I would agree with you if the Warz developers tried to be some bit original. The early development that they mention could have been for a different game but it's funny how after DayZ became popular they started releasing screenshots showing almost identical character models and game items. I kept an open mind about warz until I saw a really staged gameplay clip with very similar characters to DayZ and one of the items in the character's inventory was a can of pasta. They even copied the can of pasta ffs! lol

I'd rather support the company that continues to allow modding and support that concept (which is the reason why we now have this genre) than give money to a company just looking to cash in on someone else's ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You seem to be pushing this really hard.
    How you can call it a "quality game" already is beyond me.

We've been burned by expectation on much bigger titles with much bigger budgest and development teams than this, that ended up being awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Live stream here in Russian.

I think it could turn out to be a good game. So what if DayZ got there first, If WarZ innovates enough to be different then I don't see a problem however they need to change their name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

looks good, is i like a more casual version of dayz? its released now right, might give it a blast

You should check War Inc which is an game like Arma to but not as realistic www.thewarinc.com/ this was the last mmo fps the Warz creators made most of the menus and ideas in Warz where used here.

Seems to me that Dayz and Warz developers have been doing the same thing for years now.
    The idea for FPS and Zombies is nothing original and the idea of a survival MMO is something me and my mates even spoke about years ago but I really think The Walking Dead is the cause of so many followers and I predict The MMo survival of The Walking dead will be announced in 2013.

But Its a pitty there taking it to heart like but Dayz will always be unique because its so realistic,
    They have sold 430,000 copies of Arma soley because of the Dayz mod and you had to get the combined assault package which is 30$ here. thats like $1.29 million made through Dayz and they funding from the us army.

Its alot of money and Warz im sure has made and making something similar so I say let the games begin
    We will keep killing Zombies they will keep making it better to take out money !!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

War Inc is crap so I'm going to skip this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

That is not exactly fair. Game studios that have good games make crap games all the time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Limericks wrote: »
    That is not exactly fair. Game studios that have good games make crap games all the time.

They garnered a bad reputation from War Inc the fact WarZ is based on the same engine I have had no expectation from it. However if it comes to light that it's actually good, I'll concede my previous statement.

• Advertisement

Stream in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You seem to be pushing this really hard.
    How you can call it a "quality game" already is beyond me.

We've been burned by expectation on much bigger titles with much bigger budgest and development teams than this, that ended up being awful.

The only thing get pushed hard in this and many threads like it is that people have jumped to the conclusion that warz is ****.

And The Warz looks quality and after they work out the bugs ( and there is a lot of them ) has the possibility of being even better then dayz in many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The only thing get pushed hard in this and many threads like it is that people have jumped to the conclusion that warz is ****.

And The Warz looks quality and after they work out the bugs ( and there is a lot of them ) has the possibility of being even better then dayz in many ways.

F2P games are mostly ****, when an F2P game with zombies becomes a paid game i am wary.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

i agree, the game was soo poor, but whos to say they havent learnt from their mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

played it a little today, very similar to dayz except it looks better, i also prefer the controls and UI in it, arma2 controls always drove me a little mental :pac: havnt played enough of it to say much about it though

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/17/the-war-z-terms-of-use-has-link-to-league-of-legends-agreement/

When you are too lazy/rushed to write your own legal forms that's a problem.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Reminds me of the time when we found the National Standards Authority had copy/pasted the Boards.ie Ts & Cs - they did at least remove all the "Boards.ie" from it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Shiminay wrote: »
    Reminds me of the time when we found the National Standards Authority had copy/pasted the Boards.ie Ts & Cs - they did at least remove all the "Boards.ie" from it though...

Seriously? what little faith i had just evaporated with that statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

You should check War Inc which is an game like Arma to but not as realistic www.thewarinc.com/ this was the last mmo fps the Warz creators made most of the menus and ideas in Warz where used here.

Seems to me that Dayz and Warz developers have been doing the same thing for years now.
    The idea for FPS and Zombies is nothing original and the idea of a survival MMO is something me and my mates even spoke about years ago but I really think The Walking Dead is the cause of so many followers and I predict The MMo survival of The Walking dead will be announced in 2013.

But Its a pitty there taking it to heart like but Dayz will always be unique because its so realistic,
    They have sold 430,000 copies of Arma soley because of the Dayz mod and you had to get the combined assault package which is 30$ here. thats like $1.29 million made through Dayz and they funding from the us army.

Its alot of money and Warz im sure has made and making something similar so I say let the games begin
    We will keep killing Zombies they will keep making it better to take out money !!
    Fair enough, I get your point and I did think that way myself until I saw how much they had copied. My point is about supporting Bohemia for allowing mod creation so more unique games like DayZ will be created. Supporting WarZ sends the message that they should keep ideas to themselves. I might not even play DayZ standalone (DayZ was a huge time sink) but I will pay for it to support them and send a message to the games industry (I want a zombie mod for BF3 lol)

The other survival game that has tweaked my interest is http://www.humanelementgame.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

The other survival game that has tweaked my interest is http://www.humanelementgame.com/

Projected release...2015 lol way to jump on the bandwagon!

facepalm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Seriously? what little faith i had just evaporated with that statement.

In their defence, it seems they'd hired a company to do their website and were completely unaware of it and extremely apologetic. They removed it within about an hour of us pointing it out to them :)

have to say i am loving The Warz, and they seem to be really on the ball for adding new stuff and removing what is not working daily.

what does everyone else think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I'm going to give this a miss for now,what I've seen so far hasn't impressed me over much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

For €15, I'll give this a shot, have to wait until the 31st to play it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

blaa85 wrote: »
    For €15, I'll give this a shot, have to wait until the 31st to play it though.

Does that give you full access to the game when it releases?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Yeah it's the full game with beta access, it's the $20 option, only available at that price for another 2 days I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just after watching a couple of videos on alpha gameplay, doesn't look fun at this stage. I know it's alpha, but pretty much 90% of the zombies were bugged, struck in the same place. Going to wait till it's released to see how it plays then.

the discount is up tonight and i know that it isnt the best game to play right now but if you are thinking about getting it later you might be better off getting it now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

the discount is up tonight and i know that it isnt the best game to play right now but if you are thinking about getting it later you might be better off getting it now

Its not, they are keeping it until Monday.

Or so it says on their Facebook page. I said **** it and got the cheapest one earlier. End of the month, not too long.

• Advertisement

So far from playing it this evening:

Joined my first game and got chased and killed by someone right away.
    Joined my second game, Got a hammer then got chased and killed by someone else.
    Joined my third game and got food, Someone chased me but I managed to escaped with my granola bar.

Also, Zombies are broken.

Advertisement