Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The WarZ October 15th Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

ive got twz and i prefer it over dayz.
    the game is still in alpha its not a finished product yet.
    its still got a few bugs like some meshes aint keyed into their surrounding land and invis walls that can send you flying.
    the features that will come into the game though are what will make it better than dayz imo like the shop in safezones where you can sell your items you dot need, the player generated missions aspect should be a laugh too.
    the items you can buy with real money on the market place dont give you any advantage and can be found in the game world anyway,
    so the ptw aspect isnt really a issue or a game changer.
    i had some good fights on dayz but so far on warz ive had more adrenaline pumping fights and encouners than dayz.
    anti hacker scripts are now ingame and if you hack you will end up getting a perma ban, while ive seen loads of people moaning about hackers in the time ive logged up in game ive only seen one so i doubt its as widespread as people make it sound like.
    updates for warz are happening very regular, sometimes daily.
    map size currently isnt as big as dayz but they already stated the first map wont be as big as the next map which will be california, some areas of the current colorado map are still unacessable but their opening up new areas soon by the looks of it ad their also updating current map areas too, boulder city recently got more buildings which are enterable which it didnt have when it was first acessable.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I watched Robbaz video of it.
    I know he's more to the comedic side of things, and not reviewing...but the game looked awful, not worth my money...and I nearly buy anything and everything !

****ing love robbaz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If I were to say I'm suprised, your sarcasm detector would explode.
    WarZ is a direct port over from War Inc. They literally took the game and added NPCs[...]

They randomly ban accounts that have a certain amount of time spent playing in-game, knowing they are hooked on the game so they re-buy the game.

Their anti-hack is actually functional but here's the kicker..wanna know WHY their bans are TEMPORARY the first time around? 0.8% hacking? Try an EXTREMELY LARGE PORTION of the player base is hacking. If they banned everyone they'd have a mass refund issue on their hands, and no one to play their piss poor of an excuse game.

they plan to HALT DEVELOPMENT AND ABANDON THE GAME in SIX months if revenue is not enough for them [...] They will have enough revenue to pay for the game development for over a year at this point in time already

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

they have said if u get banned there is no refund also your cc will be blocked from purchasing the game so you wont be able to rebuy it over and over again, same deal if you asl for a refund for any other reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Stev_o wrote: »

None of which he has any proof of.
    :P

Now, it might seem like I have a vendetta against this game, which, is very slightly true. But if this link were relating to any other game I still would post it.

Reddit: Hacking in The WarZ

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well the game is released on steam now, anyone get it?
    TotalBiscuit thinks its a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Reddit and steam have been on fire with people giving out stink about it all day.Apparently hardly any of the features advertised on steam are available yet in game. After reading alot of peoples comments on it ,I'm glad I didn't pick it up.Sounds like a total cash grab if what people are saying is true. Charging people for a game that is still in development and might be dropped in a few months is totally taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I haven't played warZ, i was tempted but after reading about the hacking and false advertising, ill definitely give this a miss. I'm very surprised that steam took the game on

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Phew *wipes sweat off brow* I was about to buy this yesterday as I had a change of heart but watching that video and looking at reddit I'm glad I didn't; moar moneys for steam crimbo sale :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I bought it and boy was I disappointed. Absolute crap. First time playing, went through six characters in a few mins. They had only a few spawn points in that version, and people just camped them with their flashlights and beat you to death as soon as you spawned new.

Left it for a while and decided to give it a go again the other week, got insta killed several times by hackers.

Also, never met anyone in game that didn't instantly go on a rampage to kill you.

Trying to stay out of sight is an arduous process, the crawl speed in game is set to snail.

Most of the long standing players seem to have gathered large arsenals and just spend their time camping towns to kill all the fresh players that have nothing.

Only twice came across a player that didn't try to kill me immediately, though he basically just kept saying "Get out of my building" over and over until I was away from there.

Second player followed me for about 10 mins, he had only a flashlight. I was a bit weary because he would stop about 5 feet behind me whenever I would stop. So I kept a close eye on him, eventually I just stood there with a baseball bat until he left. Unfortunately he just turned around and used cover to sneak up on me and beat me with his flashlight before I realised he was there.

I'd say DayZ will be the go too once the standalone is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Warz's Hammerpoint "apologise", if that's what you want to call it.

After the Steam release promising loads of stuff it didn't have, people got understandably miffed (even though a bit of research that should have been done beforehand would have indicated something may be rotten in Denmark). They sound like a pack of tosspots all the same.

The stink of **** continues to follow this one around.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

They didn't exactly apologize, they pointed the blame at people for misreading the information, then went and changed the description on Steam. ****ing. Lolz.

I knew this game smelt of ****e from day 1.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Having a good laugh reading all the controversy over this. The 'pay to respawn early!' schtick would be cheeky in a free to play title, but in a paid full game its downright ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The internet wrath shall forever loom over this game's head. Everything the developers are doing is making the situation worse and worse, it's quite fascinating to see.

No matter what they do, this will be forever tainted by a large amount of the gaming community.

Anyways, I'd be pissed with a pay to respawn scheme after paying for a game that's not even nowhere near completion. In a F2P game, you can imagine such a gimmick but not in a supposed full retail game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Confirming that it's a terrible game. Couldn't play for more than 5 mins cause it was utter bad. Standalone DayZ is gonna be the shiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I played this about a month or so ago, thought it was decent for an alpha version... seems the developers have been trying their best to turn it to complete **** then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

Digging a hole is an understatement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Must be laughing all the way to the bank, no one is that stupid/ignorant without meaning it.

I wonder if Valve will continue to provide this game on Steam... given the **** that's flying on their forums over there... I suppose money talks in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

The game looks absolutely shocking, have to say. Anybody can see that they were rushing to cash in on DayZ's popularity though, so it shouldn't be too suprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

1355930597878.jpg

State of the art graphics!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

This has gone well past giving hammerpoint and this sergey guy the benfit of the doubt, the guy is a hack looking to make a quick buck off a popular idea by crapping out an unfinished turd.

Nothing about this entire story makes it seem in any way legit http://kotaku.com/5969784/the-war-z-mess-every-crazy-detail-we-know-so-far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Haha that reflected speed sign is quite surreal.

LOL was pulled from steam this afternoon, http://kotaku.com/5969836/the-war-z-removed-from-steam

Steam have released a statement
    From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchase the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here.

Basically they didnt do their due diligence in checking this mess out before allowing it on steam, thats how you properly apologise without blaming your customers, not that hard really is it?

VinLieger wrote: »
    LOL was pulled from steam this afternoon, http://kotaku.com/5969836/the-war-z-removed-from-steam

Steam have released a statement

Basically they didnt do their due diligence in checking this mess out before allowing it on steam, thats how you properly apologise without blaming your customers, not that hard really is it?

My confidence in Steam and Valve has been shaken a bit by this, but their reaction goes some way to fixing that.

My confidence in Steam and Valve has been shaken a bit by this, but their reaction goes some way to fixing that.

Same although i always fully research and know what im buying before i go anywhere near the add to cart button, yes steam made a mistake in allowing it to go on sale but i find it hard to understand the people who buy things like this off such a small description without doing any research, which for this would have thrown up a few red flags

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

REALLY looking forward to the Dev's response over all this.

Hkq3c.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

REALLY looking forward to the Dev's response over all this.

Hkq3c.gif

They already have...
    We're making sure that our Store page is 100% correct this is why.

Bottom line – our end goal is to have satisfied and not angry customers, so this is more important for us than everything else.
    At least this time they didn't blame their customers for being unable to read.

I watched the TB video earlier and holy crap there's some awful stuff in there. Even ignoring the piss poor models and texturing, the death events are a complete ****ing fail in terms of user experience and the invisible walls surrounding that water made Gears of War look like bloody Just Cause. :o

Advertisement