Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite bit of kit for your van?

Options
  • 15-10-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Being new to campervans I'm curious as to what little things you guys always have on stand-by in your van, your favourite thing that's really convenient, useful, entertaining or comforting for missions?

I have a feeling mine is going to be those little packs of ready to eat panchetta cubes from Aldi. Perfect to chuck into an number of campervan meals! Being a major girl-nerd I've also taken to leaving my crochet stuff in the glove box. My boyfriend has added his sketch book and pencil set. I'm buying some hot water bottles and thermal socks tomorrow to leave in it too.

So what about you guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Books! And some nice biscuits! And a Leatherman tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Beer - plenty of beer

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Box of tea bags....tea just tastes nicer in the van ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

m8 wrote: »
    Box of tea bags....tea just tastes nicer in the van ;)

And from a proper ceramic mug - not a melamine one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

Tea bags, wine, ceramic mugs and proper glasses. SWMBO swears by her Remoska cooker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

levelling chocks i woundnt go anywhere without them,when you have the van level it makes life so much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

New additions to my list...

Slipper socks (lined with fluffy fleecey stuff) from pennies for putting your feet up with a cuppa
    A pack of new socks for after walks and hikes
    Floor wipes (campervans in Ireland don't stay clean for long I've just learned!) and dettol wipes
    My new dish drying mat from Aldi
    A dust buster for getting rid of all the dirt that manifests out of no where

My absolute favorite thing at the moment is my gorgeous yellow vintage Brexton hamper, the ones originally sold with vw campers back in the 60s..

il_570xN.375468084_moy8.jpg

My dad also has a really great torch from Lidl or Aldi a few years ago, it has a magnet so you can stick it somewhere handy, a little flashing red light so you can find it in the dark and a glass breaker and blade to cut through seat belts, not very nice to think about I know but a great piece of kit just in case! will be keeping my eye out for one in the future.

levelling chocks i woundnt go anywhere without them,when you have the van level it makes life so much easier

Yes! Our van has gone walkabout 3 times on us now! Luckily it didn't get very far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

? How does a campervan go walkabout? mine has a thing called a handbrake:confused:

? How does a campervan go walkabout? mine has a thing called a handbrake:confused:

Our's has a really really crap one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Perhaps there's a little too much activity going on in your 'van ;).

Perhaps there's a little too much activity going on in your 'van ;).

:eek:

Advertisement