Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding ring broke...?

Options
  • 15-10-2012 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had similiar experience... My wedding band snapped and actually cracked at a join and lost one diamond. I know diamonds fall out of rings but for the ring to actually snap, i just don't think that is right. I returned to the jeweller where we had bought and they said they would fix no problem, no charge. I collected my ring and two days later the same diamond fell out again but ring didnt break. I am actually totally disgusted, we paid alot of money and for a ring to actually break to me is questionable...
    Returned to jeweller and will have to wait to talk to owner... what do ye make of it all?
    Ring is 4 years old and white gold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I think its in their best interests to sort it out. Expensive to be replacing diamonds that are falling out.

Do you take your rings off when doing work?

• Site Banned Posts: 8 rico27

The ring might be adjusting to its surroundings (heat, cold, moisture) that causes it to get brittle and eventually break. I suggest that you remove your ring when doing stuff like cooking, bathing or any activities that can physically make it brittle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

In the 4 years you have had the ring, have you ever brought in in to a jewellers for a clean / settings check. Herself will bring hers in every year for clean and check up as in the trials and tribulations of life, the rings gets knocked about quite a bit.

Advertisement