Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find old PCs for props

• 15-10-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi guys. First, I hope this is the right forum for this. If not - sorry!

Anyway, I'm in the (really, really slow) process of making a short film, and for one scene I need a load of PC towers as background props. Does anyone know where I might find a bunch of these? They don't need to work at all, but they do need to look the same, or at least similar to each other.

I was thinking if there's any offices or schools or such that are throwing out their old PCs that would be ideal. I've tried Freecycle, but no look so far.

If anyone can suggest something, that'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Recycling centres definitely have dumped PCs, last time I brought a Pc to one it got intercepted by someone before I even got to throw it in one of the skips.. Businesses and schools will dump their stock in one go so unless you're there at that particular time you're not going to get anything out of them. For the most part those places will probably want to give their PCs to those charities that send them to developing nations.

Advertisement