Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endoscopy and colonoscopy on Wednesday!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

OK, wasn't sure if it had a specific name. Was told it WASN'T a colonoscopy, which I'd thought it would be, but no more than that. I was told no prep required, just an enema on the day, so can I assume no sedation? I have been trying to get through to the consultant, but no luck so far.

The reason you don't need clean prep etc is the camera is not going up, Your procedure is more like a endoscopy which means the camera goes down...either way they really are not the huge deal we make them out to be in our minds.

best of luck...

• not yet wrote: »
    The reason you don't need clean prep etc is the camera is not going up, Your procedure is more like a endoscopy which means the camera goes down...either way they really are not the huge deal we make them out to be in our minds.

best of luck...

The camera goes down? I was pretty sure it was going up my bum... :o Confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

The camera goes down? I was pretty sure it was going up my bum... :o Confused.

I'm assuming if you don't need to ''clean out'' it's going down..!!.

I could be wrong but They would not be able to ''see'' anything if you didn't take a clean-prep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

not yet wrote: »

best of luck...
    How in Christs name would they see the lower bowel from going down?!

It sounds like either a sigmoidoscopy or a fixed tube colonoscopy - both of which only look at the lower bowel & are more widely used in certain circumstances (ie bright red blood rather than darker blood)

The enema is no worse than the kleenprep - just means you'll have to wait for the enema to work before you'll get seen.

• Hersheys wrote: »
    How in Christs name would they see the lower bowel from going down?!

It sounds like either a sigmoidoscopy or a fixed tube colonoscopy - both of which only look at the lower bowel & are more widely used in certain circumstances (ie bright red blood rather than darker blood)

The enema is no worse than the kleenprep - just means you'll have to wait for the enema to work before you'll get seen.

That's what I thought! The consultant seemed to think enema was better than kleenprep because there's no worries about having to do it the day before and all that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement