Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Gear James Bond special

• 15-10-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/top-gear-james-bond-special-2012-10-15

as the title says, apparently there is a new TG special on the way, due out sometime before the end of the month.

anyone able to shed a bit of light on it.

the only thing I can seem to be sure of at the moment is that its a TG 'special' which only Hamster is presenting, this worrys me slightly as his bits are usually the hammiest most cringeworthy of any of these specials.

Still tho it may just be enough of a Fix of TG to keem me ticking over til they eventually do something together as a team

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    its a TG 'special' which only Hamster is presenting

Ugh...pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

that was my initial thought on the subject, but hey, its gonna be a longtime til we get another fix, and even a bad fix is beter than going cold turkey.

ya never know tho, it might rise above mediocrity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Working Lotus Espirit sub car..... Reminds me of the cross channel ToyBoata etc...

Still, i'll be watching it. Hammond may ham it up a lot more than the other 2 lads, but getting to see 50 years of bond cars... it'd be worth it.

Wonder if they'll have the 2CV from "For Your Eyes Only" or will it be the 'Q' cars?

Sunday 29th bbc2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Only Hammond?

:(

You are not Jeremy, so don't try to act like him!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll watch it anyway! (really needed James May for this and Jezza to fire the machine guns)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Sunday 29th bbc2

Can't see it on my sky planner? Says the same date in TG mag too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Jezza can't hit anything with an AK!!

Although given no proper backstop behind this and UK gun laws I suspect that is a replica firing blanks.

Its on MONDAY 29th! 9 pm.
    Duration: 1 hour

In a special edition of Top Gear, Richard Hammond celebrates 50 years of James Bond films with a look back at 007's legendary cars. He also talks to Daniel Craig and Sir Roger Moore, gets exclusive access behind the scenes of Bond's latest adventure, Skyfall, and pays special tribute to 007 by attempting to turn a Lotus in a fully working submarine car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

it's on my Sky+ App on the phone now. I'd say it should be on the planner.

• Advertisement

Bump! tonight 9 pm bbc 2/hd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Saw Skyfall over the weekend and it's ok, entertaining rubbish as all bond films are, but the moment that the Aston martin is seen for the first time there was a gasp of admiration from the audience, helluva of a car.

I enjoyed that, even the underwater car worked (though for how long is open to question!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Buffman

I thought it was pretty good, the bit with the old stig was funny. The 'invisible' transit van and the underwater car were interesting.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

pleasently surprised by that myself.
    then again most of us watched it with low expectations, but it couuld have been a disaster, so i'm very happy about it.
    old stig was interesting, love the comment about the shirt.

overall i'd give it a solid 7/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

This Bond Special of Top Gear is on again tonight on BBC3 at 8pm if anyone's interested :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Saw it the first time, bored the arse off me. To be expected from hamster on his own though.

Advertisement