Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lastminute.ie hotel for €5..

Options
  • 15-10-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

So I went on to lastminute.ie (.com), looking for hotels in Dublin in November, put in for two nights and searched with prices from low to high, up pops the Hilton in Kilmainham for €5.61 incl taxes for a double or twin room for the two nights.. Bit dodge, I thought.. So I went and booked it, got an error message but the money was taken from my account, sent a strongly worded email, etc. However, a good few people have said on Facebook that they booked it and got confirmation emails and everything!

Glitch? Thinking maybe they lure you in with cheap rooms and then charge you €300 to park your car or something..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 calledforduty

worth a shot.....nice1

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ssimples09

Wow that's one hell of a deal if its for real!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Yeah I hope I get a confirmation and not just my €5.61 back..

Yeah I hope I get a confirmation and not just my €5.61 back..

If it works out I'll be looking for that deal for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Seems like a glitch... €5.11 for 2 nights in December. Let's hope they don't invoke the cancellation fee:

In the event that the hotel booking needs to be cancelled, for whatever reason, you are liable to pay an administration fee of €15. This will be in addition to any cancellation charge our hotels may impose.

• Advertisement

shakedown wrote: »
    Seems like a glitch... €5.11 for 2 nights in December. Let's hope they don't invoke the cancellation fee:

In the event that the hotel booking needs to be cancelled, for whatever reason, you are liable to pay an administration fee of €15. This will be in addition to any cancellation charge our hotels may impose.

Are they allowed to be like 'Oh, we don't like the price we charged you, pay more money!'?

not only double rooms.......king size suits with breakfast......twin rooms and family rooms....wow
    pity i dont have the cash on the card

woohoo......just booked 2 nights in a king room with city views for 7.22 yoyos
    cheaper than a pack of smokes......
    woohoo ninja ya diamond....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

3 nights booked for November, only €7.67. :D Thanks OP.

Did yee get confirmations and everything? Not too shabby..

• Advertisement

yea got it in an email.......nice1

Class, maybe I got an error cos I used a laser card, although the feckers still took me fiver.. Very tempted to book again..

other treads are saying that if ya book it in december first week
    ya get a night for under 3 yoyos

My friend just booked 5 twin rooms for the 17th of November.. This is gonna be gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Just booked deluxe suite with breakfast. Unbelievable ... hope it's not too good to be true. I'm really afraid they will slap an additional charge on when we go to check in though. Can they do that ?

no hope.......not wen couple of hundred boards.ie's turn up.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

denmar wrote: »
    Just booked deluxe suite with breakfast. Unbelievable ... hope it's not too good to be true. I'm really afraid they will slap an additional charge on when we go to check in though. Can they do that ?

have to check this acknowledgement:

Taxes and fees
    ■ In exceptional cases some hotels may need to apply specific charges or local taxes, which may not be included in the above price, but must be paid at the hotel

denmar wrote: »

I dunno it says in exceptional circumstances they may have to charge local fees or taxes but I think that's standard with most hotels! I hope anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

Going to be Boards.ie central in the Hilton in early December :D

joxers25 wrote: »
    have to check this acknowledgement:

Taxes and fees
    ■ In exceptional cases some hotels may need to apply specific charges or local taxes, which may not be included in the above price, but must be paid at the hotel

Yea I saw that and that's why I'm worried.

• Advertisement

Going to be Boards.ie central in the Hilton in early December :D

And November !!

Oh jesus lads ill be killed if yee get slapped with a €300 toilet fee or something :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

This is to good to be true id say.....

I checked the hotels website, all the rooms are full price. I know lastminute.ie does do cheap rooms as i have booked with them many times, but 2 nights in a Dublin 4 star for a fiver?

Anyway i booked a room in December......fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

They won't have an empty room for years:D

I've booked aswell, worst case we'll get our money back, this is from their t&c's:

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure accuracy and availability, some errors might still occur. Once aware of such incidents we will make all reasonable effort to advise you within 48 business hours of the booking being made. We reserve the right to cancel the reservation and refund all monies paid, but this of course will be without any liability to you.

The cheap rates apply for October,November & December....fantastic find Diamond_Ninja!!!

up pops the Hilton in Kilmainham for €5.61 incl taxes for a double or twin room for the two nights.. Bit dodge, I thought.. So I went and booked it

Made me laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

just booked new years in king hilton room with breakfast for 3.85,fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 19 robbiebrazil

Is it fixed...cany get a deal on any dates...... in Nov/Dec/Jan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Not happening now, must have been corrected.

Advertisement