Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

low ram frequency problems

Options
  • 15-10-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just upgraded my motherboard to a Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 everything was working fine till I tried to change the ram frequency to 1800mhz rebooted the with the following message from the BIOS PC failed to over clocked. So I resetted my setting in the bios, Now speccy is reading the ram as 668MHz but the BIOS is seeing it as 1333mhz I tried possibly everything I can think of to fix it with no avail. :confused:

Edit: Windows task manager is reading it as 1333mhz but WEI is scoring it at 5.9 when it was 7.3 before the change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

DDR stands for Double data rate. essentially its 668*2 = 1336mhz, so everything is fine.

don't worry about WIE, its not an accurate representation of performance, and randomly decides on numbers to use. my 6990 used to score lower than a 560Ti. RAM and SSDs also vary a lot test to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

What frequency is the RAM supposed to be able to do? - i.e., what's it labelled as?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Thanks to everyone who posted got it sorted. It is suppose to running at 1333mhz which it is as Tea_Bag said WEI can give inaccurate readings.

Advertisement