Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€600 build for light gaming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

Cheaper CPU which isn't much slower, cheaper motherboard that has a better chipset and cheaper RAM since your not overclocking so 1333MHz for RAM is more than enough

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-2320 Box, LGA1155|€162.71
    ASRock B75 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€69.29
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€27.42
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€71.15
    Club 3D Radeon HD 7850 royalQueen, 1GB GDDR5|€149.00
    BitFenix Merc Beta|€32.23
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€42.08
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€572.87

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Thanks for that, I'll definitely opt for the other mobo and RAM you suggested. I'd sort of wanted an Ivy bridge so what do you think of adding the i5-3450 for €170? Only an extra €7.

I recon you'd get a better price to performance ratio with a 3450 over a 3550 so yea definatly go for it mate =]

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Thanks for your help. I need to add a monitor too, preferably 24" with both HDMI and DVI inputs, cheaper the better as long as the quality is pretty good. Any suggestions? :)

aslong as it's an ips panel then it's grand, hardwareversand have a great one for €150:

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/58+cm+%2823%29+/62093/LG+Flatron+IPS234V.article

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

Hi Guys,

I just got an itch to play some games again, I would like to play things like Counter Strike: Global Offensive, i'm guessing that this setup would be sufficient for this.

Would this setup also be sufficient to play other current / pending games?

Thanks,

HS.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

HotSwap wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I just got an itch to play some games again, I would like to play things like Counter Strike: Global Offensive, i'm guessing that this setup would be sufficient for this.

Would this setup also be sufficient to play other current / pending games?

Thanks,

HS.

yeah for gaming at 1080p this will play nearly all current games just fine.. anything above 1080p or mutli monitor it will struggle a little

So, basically for 600 I can play any game with settings "almost / if not totally" maxed out?
    What about BF3?
    If another 100 euro was not a problem, what would you upgrade / would it really be needed?

I guess the scope here is to be able to play games well, but not to spend unnecessarily.

Cheers!

the 7850 can play BF3 at 1080p without filters with a mix of high and ultra settings which still looks amazing but for a extra €100 you could swap the graphics card to a 660ti or a 7950 (7950 be the better option) which should run every game at 1080p with maxed out settings including BF3:

660ti: http://www2.hardwareversand.de/2048MB/65488/Gigabyte+GeForce+GTX+660+Ti+Windforce+2X%2C+2GB+GDDR5%2C+2x+DVI%2C+HDMI%2C+DisplayPort.article

7950: http://www2.hardwareversand.de/3072+MB/55169/XFX+CORE+RADEON+7950+800M+3GB+D5+2x+mDP+HDMI+DVI.article

Total dumb ass question, but, what is the difference between these:

Mehlj.png

Is there any point in paying more for some rather than others?

HS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

HotSwap wrote: »
    Total dumb ass question, but, what is the difference between these:

Mehlj.png

Is there any point in paying more for some rather than others?

HS.

The gigabyte card is the fastest.. and cheapest. Go for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

Basically without too much detail each company takes an original 7950 and add custom hardware and stuff to it.. Some will run cooler and/or faster

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

@HotSwap If you are just getting graphics card by itself it might be worth looking at Overclocker.co.uk for a HD7950 at the moment as they are the first retailer I have seen carrying the recently announced 'Never settle' Games bundle from AMD, which includes Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution and Sleeping dogs.

In all honesty most of their 7950 models are a good bit dearer than HWVS, but this HIS IceQ 7950 one is on a weekly special and available for a decent enough price of €282 or so.

Ok,

Looks like a good tip, I'm going to order this part now!

HS.

Advertisement