Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€3 Dublin hotel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

I'm so glad I started this thread lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Gers_punto wrote: »
    I'm so glad I started this thread lol
    Best thread in a long time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Brause

kn wrote: »
    I mean just how thick are people? Honestly? Phoning them up, posting on FB about it. You are just begging them to cancel FFS!!!
    I think thats a bit harsh, lastminute knew they made a mistake as posters have stated that the Hilton told people to call lm.com and were well aware of the mistake! Im sure the 100's of unexpected bookings they received last night for €2 was a bit of a give away also!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

This has got to go "Littlewoods"...even "Gamestop" would do. I'm crying laughing here.

"We have rights, you know!!!"

BAAAHAAAAAaaaaa!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

I got a cancellation email and my money back without contacting LM.com or the Hilton.. Good for a giggle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Bastards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

I don't think anyone really expected it to go through, but still would have been nice.
    And the righteousness of some peoples attitudes will be good for a laugh. No real harm done.

And I hope those that suggested they booked flights on the FB site really didn't lol

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

I dont know what to do now , I am booked in for tomorrow and havnt received any sort of cancellation via email or call

I got a cancellation email and my money back without contacting LM.com or the Hilton.. Good for a giggle!
    Aw thats a shame! Did you just get it? They must be working over time to get the rest of ours out lol it'll take them a week for the amount of people that booked! Wonder will the people booked in tomorrow be lucky lol!

• Advertisement

Got it this afternoon from LM.com. I'd say if you havent received a cancellation, go ahead with it, its not your fault they didnt cancel!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Got it this afternoon from LM.com. I'd say if you havent received a cancellation, go ahead with it, its not your fault they didnt cancel!

When were you supposed to stay? I will give it a try since I have not being told not to!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

I was under the impression that last minute DO NOT bulk purchase the rooms from the hotel in advance and that it is up to the hotel to load the rates and number of rooms available on last minute themselves.
    If this is correct then it is the hotels responsibility to load the correct details and up to the hotel to honor the rate at which they offered to sell the rooms through the 3rd party website.
    Last minute just offer a platform on which to sell the rooms.
    The hotel just pay the website commission for the rooms that are bought on last minute.
    If the above is correct it just means that last minute would be getting a very small commission for all the rooms booked at the incorrect rate, the hotel obviously are also getting a low room rate and they have probably both decided between themselves to advise all rooms will not be honoured

...... well done to all that get to stay though!!!:D:D:D

wacotaco wrote: »
    When were you supposed to stay? I will give it a try since I have not being told not to!

23rd and 24th of November, give it a go, the hotel cant send you on your merry way when you havent heard any word of a cancellation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Idiots asking on fb if it will be cancelled as if expecting it to be. Shut up and just turn up expecting your penthouse suite ffs. I just hope it holds out til Thursday. After that I don't care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

ZOMBIE FLASHMOB at Kilmanham Hilton Hotel, October 31st 2012.

Come One Come All.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I dont know what to do now , I am booked in for tomorrow and havnt received any sort of cancellation via email or call
    Turn up, you received a confirmation and nothing else. Why wouldn't you turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Just go to the hotel.

Seriously - hotels require guests to give 48 hrs notice on booking cancellation. Common sense dictates the same applies the other way round.

If I were you, even if you got a lastminute! email ignore it.

Slunk wrote: »
    Idiots asking on fb if it will be cancelled as if expecting it to be. Shut up and just turn up expecting your penthouse suite ffs. I just hope it holds out til Thursday. After that I don't care
    Seriously peeps! Its not anyones fault but lastminute.com! The poster above said they got an email this afternoon and the only fb thing I saw was from this evening! You might as well start blaming everyone on this thread then! It was a to good to be true deal lol def gave me a laugh reading all of this today!

Ah in fairness I'm not expecting it to be hounered but some people's attitudes aren't helping. Think ill just show up Thursday and plead ignorance

If the transaction has not reversed and you have no cancellation then they have to honour it. Simple as that.

• Advertisement

Well done to the guys that are staying there tonight, bet their living it up! I will be staying there next week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

As far as I'm concerned I've booked a room in a hotel in Dublin, The price doesnt matter, Hotel prices fluctuate all the time anyways. I booked it because I need a room to stay in, in Dublin. If there is a problem upon arriving I'm sure the receptionist will make sure it gets resolved. I just won't be opening up the mini bar :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

dave98 wrote: »
    Well done to the guys that are staying there tonight, bet their living it up! I will be staying there next week!!

Serves me right for being a smartass booking Paddys weekend next year :pac:

Chucken wrote: »
    Serves me right for being a smartass booking Paddys weekend next year :pac:
    I booked new years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Magsmcd

ted1 wrote: »
    I booked new years.

Us 2 x 4 adults

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Wouldn't it be a great ploy to get us all to holiday at home?

Now, I'll just have to go abroad *sigh* ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭outnumbered82

The hotel has to take it. The 3rd party have bought the rooms from Hilton so it's the 3rd party who are loosing not Hilton. So who ever has paid the low price e price is hounered at check in.

Talk to Joe
    1850 715 815 the live line is open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

SHHHHHHHHHHH somebody sweep all of this under a carpet. Keep your heads down and walk along, nothing to see here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

smemon wrote: »
    SHHHHHHHHHHH somebody sweep all of this under a carpet. Keep your heads down and walk along, nothing to see here...

'Come on please folks, make your way to the exit please folks... '

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭rameire

The hotel has to take it. The 3rd party have bought the rooms from Hilton so it's the 3rd party who are loosing not Hilton. So who ever has paid the low price e price is hounered at check in.

No.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

rameire wrote: »
    No.

Yes - im just in from my stay there,(thanks lastminute) breakfast alone made it worth while :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

triple-M wrote: »
    Yes - im just in from my stay there,(thanks lastminute) breakfast alone made it worth while :D

Pics or it didn't happen dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Dear Customer,

We realise you very recently booked a hotel stay at The Hilton Kilmainham Dublin. We are sorry however as good as our deals are they were not this low on this occasion. The price you booked was due to a technical error and therefore invalid.

This booking has therefore been cancelled and you will receive a full refund. The cancellation is in accordance with the terms and conditions of our service.

We understand that you may be disappointed and we apologise for this however the hotel is available to rebook as are many of our other Dublin hotels. We can't promise a deal like this but we do offer 5 star rooms for 3 star prices across the site www.lastminute.com.

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Regards,

lastminute.com Customer Care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭electro-shocks

Just received this from lastminute :(

Dear Customer,
    We realise you very recently booked a hotel stay at The Hilton Kilmainham Dublin. We are sorry however as good as our deals are they were not this low on this occasion. The price you booked was due to a technical error and therefore invalid.
    This booking has therefore been cancelled and you will receive a full refund. The cancellation is in accordance with the terms and conditions of our service.
    We understand that you may be disappointed and we apologise for this however the hotel is available to rebook as are many of our other Dublin hotels. We can't promise a deal like this but we do offer 5 star rooms for 3 star prices across the site www.lastminute.com.
    Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
    Regards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Me too. Obviously they were never going to honour it. Pity all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

triple-M wrote: »
    Yes - i'm just in from my stay there,(thanks lastminute) breakfast alone made it worth while :D

Great news TM, absolutely sweet. I was surprised when you posted yesterday that you were in, but brill all the same. Did you come across any others there who availed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Hmmmmm......................................
    I guess you just can't trust that lastminutecrowd.com then

Must remember to use different website next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Just got my cancellation email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Yeah, will take my business elsewhere in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Boo hiss, just got the expected mail too :(

I've understood the t&c's all along and fully expected it to be cancelled, but when you think of it, it's fairly ridiculous that they can cancel it.

All the deals are discounted on their website, what's to say that if any of them are oversubsribed they can just cancel it and say it's a technical error? As someone mentioned they sucessfully booked €10 rooms before.

It's a very large company and I don't think it would take much programming skills to either check the prices as they go on the website, or to sound an alarm bell when there's a rush of bookings to one hotel.

Congrats to those who got to enjoy their stay last night:p

Been reading a lot about LM.com the past few days after this mix up and it seems they're not worth a toss. More complaints about them than anything else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Laughing at people on the Facebook page. As lastminute said, it was within their T&Cs to cancel the bookings. Various people are saying that if LM can just cancel their bookings because of their T&Cs then why bother booking with them at all? Do these idiots not realise that every single booking company/travel agent/any service provider basically has similar T&Cs?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭furryhead

just got cancellation email too!!!dont think we can have too many complaints!!it was fairly obviously a mistake and sure dont we all make them!!least they honoured a few who didnt get notice of cancellation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Just got my email as well. Anybody want to buy 2 tickets to The Civil Wars on the 29th October, we cant afford to go now. It was good while it lasted. We had great plans to lye in the Hilton drinking Aldi wine, nip to the concert and back to the Hilton for more Aldi wine. We even have a babysitter for that weekend, it was all perfect. The lm facebook page is more like a LM complaints page though so it is no surprise they were **** about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just got my email as well. Anybody want to buy 2 tickets to The Civil Wars on the 29th October, we cant afford to go now. It was good while it lasted. We had great plans to lye in the Hilton drinking Aldi wine, nip to the concert and back to the Hilton for more Aldi wine. We even have a babysitter for that weekend, it was all perfect. The lm facebook page is more like a LM complaints page though so it is no surprise they were **** about it.

How exactly were they **** about it?

Boo. Just got the email. Ah well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I got my fook off email from the pricks in LM - here it is....

Dear Customer,

Regards,

My email reply was -

I'll see you in court!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I got my fook off email from the pricks in LM - here it is....

Dear Customer,

Regards,

My email reply was -

I'll see you in court!

hahahhaha brilliant skitting

My reply "I'll be onto Joe Duffy about this carry on"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement