Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€3 Dublin hotel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I got my fook off email from the pricks in LM - here it is....

Dear Customer,

We realise you very recently booked a hotel stay at The Hilton Kilmainham Dublin. We are sorry however as good as our deals are they were not this low on this occasion. The price you booked was due to a technical error and therefore invalid.

This booking has therefore been cancelled and you will receive a full refund. The cancellation is in accordance with the terms and conditions of our service.

We understand that you may be disappointed and we apologise for this however the hotel is available to rebook as are many of our other Dublin hotels. We can't promise a deal like this but we do offer 5 star rooms for 3 star prices across the site www.lastminute.com.

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Regards,

lastminute.com Customer Care

My email reply was -

I'll see you in court!
    Really?

It was an obvious mistake that was never going to be honoured. A €100+ room offered at €2. Life's too short to make a song and dance over something so trivial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I doubt he was being serious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Momento Mori

Damn that would have been a nice deal! Feel bad for you guys that didn't get a room after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

dave1982 wrote: »
    I doubt he was being serious :)

Hopefully not, but looking at the facebook page I don't know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Just got my cancellation email.

+1 - the shower of bistards, boo lm.com, never using you again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Was fully expecting this to be cancelled and not really that bothered about it tbh but couldn't resist sending this back to the cancellation email:
    Any pointers as to how I can recognise when something is a good deal on lastminute.com or another "technical error" that's going to be cancelled?

Cheers.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

My threat of legal action has hit a raw nerve......and i got a very prompt reply from LM.com...

here it is .......

Dear Mr. MM,

Firstly, I would like to apologise once again for the inconvenience caused by this situation.

I understand the points you have raised and your frustration, however while making your booking, you have stated that you have read and understood our Terms & Conditions. You may find an information there, that we reserve the right to contact you within 48 business hours to inform you about errors, which regrettably may occur.
    I have now made a refund for the amount of EUR 2.80 for the booking reference XXXXXXX. Please be advised that this may take up to 5-7 working days to appear on your account. It depends on your bank clearing times .

I apologise that this time our service did not meet your expectations.

I remain with my kind regards and wish you a very pleasant day.

Kind regards,

blah blah blah

My reply........

Dear Lm.com,

Thank you for your email. I will now inform you of my terms and conditions, and when a company blatently breaks the law and does not deliver as per our contract, I'll go all legal on them.

You have a simple choice....honour my booking or expect a legal claim forthwith, and lots of negative media coverage.

You have 24hrs from the date and time stamp of this reply email.

Sincerely,

MM.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

triple-M wrote: »
    Yes - im just in from my stay there,(thanks lastminute) breakfast alone made it worth while :D

glad you got to stay there,
    my "No" was really in response knowing that the cancellation emails were being sent to people, thus if somebody turned up to the Hilton after receiving their cancellation notice they would in reality not be getting a room, at the price of 2 euro, they would not be entitled to the room, as lastminute wouldnt be paying the Hilton any money.
    I would although hope that the Hilton would play ball and make allowances and give a reduced rate.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

To be fair it looks like he's chancing his arm with the legal threats, if it works he will still get the room if not he has lost nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Hilarious MidlandsM, love it! :P

• Advertisement

So who's ringing Joe? :confused:

Hilarious MidlandsM, love it! :P

thank you...I like being a knob......lol:D:D

so did anyone get the room for 3 euro ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

From the email reply MidlandsM got,

''while making your booking, you have stated that you have read and understood our Terms & Conditions. You may find an information there, that we reserve the right to contact you within 48 business hours to inform you about errors, which regrettably may occur.''

So if they don't cancel within 48 business hours technically they have to honour it?

Fingers crossed a few might get through!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Lustrum

I can't believe no-one has thought of the children yet!!

''while making your booking, you have stated that you have read and understood our Terms & Conditions. You may find an information there, that we reserve the right to contact you within 48 business hours to inform you about errors, which regrettably may occur.''

So if they don't cancel within 48 business hours technically they have to honour it?

yes, i noted that too, lets hope they are lazy at sending out emails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I picked up on that too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Just got my cancelation email too :D

Aw well, it was great fun while it lasted....

Look on the plus side, we'd have had to spruce ourselves up no end to fit in :pac:

Big thanks to the OP for giving us this little gem, it was fun :)

Is the Hilton very posh? :eek:

• Advertisement

Ah heyor Lastminute.com, leave ih ou!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Just got my cancellation email:(

I'd imagine it is?!

The pool looks lovely though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

If everybody who has got an email keeps replying to them and demanding a response then they might get distracted and a few people might slip through the net. I emailed them back just to annoy them.

They have 6 days to cancel 8 inc weekends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Sent them back this email:-

Dear Customer Care,

Thank you for your email.

This cancellation may have quite unexpected results. I had recently went to a fortune teller ( the one in the paper with the mad white eyes ), she had told me that in the near future that i would be offered "a deal that that was too good to believe", she also told me that within two months i would be engaged, and i would be married within a year, and would live to have three children.

Now, i do not really believe in fortune tellers,when i saw the deal on your website i did not actually believe it, i was about to close the webpage when i remembered the words of the aforementioned fortuneteller.

As a result of this i booked two nights in the hotel, with the intention of fulfilling the second part of the fortune tellers prophecy ( and maybe the making babies one as well ).

As i intended getting engaged at the hotel ( since the fortune teller was doing so well so far ), i purchased a rather nice engagement ring, which i believed that my girlfriend would love.

On top of this, i saw a great deal on another website for prams and nappies, and since the fortune teller had told me that i would have three children ( and she was doing so well so far ) i bought them ( i`m a sucker for these online deals ).

Now that you tell me that it was a mistake and the fortune teller was wrong about "a deal that that was too good to believe" i no longer believe in fortune tellers. Therefore i no longer believe in any of her other prophecies.

As a result of this i am now single, on top of that i am now the owner of an engagement ring, three prams, and 728 nappies that i have no use for. If this is not bad enough my mother has found the aforementioned engagement ring, three prams, and 728 nappies and is disgusted that i have got my girlfriend pregnant and am getting engaged for this reason.

I anticipate your reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

got me email today:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Just got a cancellation email, sickened, was worth a try though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Got my cancellation email...

Complained on their website:
    http://uk.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/5/148

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭antoswords

Dear Customer Care,

This cancellation may have quite unexpected results. I had recently went to a fortune teller ( the one in the paper with the mad white eyes ), she had told me that in the near future that i would be offered "a deal that that was too good to believe", she also told me that within two months i would be engaged, and i would be married within a year, and would live to have three children.

Now, i do not really believe in fortune tellers,when i saw the deal on your website i did not actually believe it, i was about to close the webpage when i remembered the words of the aforementioned fortuneteller.

As a result of this i booked two nights in the hotel, with the intention of fulfilling the second part of the fortune tellers prophecy ( and maybe the making babies one as well ).

As i intended getting engaged at the hotel ( since the fortune teller was doing so well so far ), i purchased a rather nice engagement ring, which i believed that my girlfriend would love.

On top of this, i saw a great deal on another website for prams and nappies, and since the fortune teller had told me that i would have three children ( and she was doing so well so far ) i bought them ( i`m a sucker for these online deals ).

Now that you tell me that it was a mistake and the fortune teller was wrong about "a deal that that was too good to believe" i no longer believe in fortune tellers. Therefore i no longer believe in any of her other prophecies.

As a result of this i am now single, on top of that i am now the owner of an engagement ring, three prams, and 728 nappies that i have no use for. If this is not bad enough my mother has found the aforementioned engagement ring, three prams, and 728 nappies and is disgusted that i have got my girlfriend pregnant and am getting engaged for this reason.

I anticipate your reply.

Simply Brilliant.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Wow..I read a few pages on this thread... quite a lot of idiots thinking they are getting a free night in a hotel, the levels of stupidity are unreal on here sometimes.

• Advertisement

Wow..I read a few pages on this thread... quite a lot of idiots thinking they are getting a free night in a hotel, the levels of stupidity are unreal on here sometimes.

Someone's raging they missed out on the deal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

You had to be there at the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Yourself and ibarelycare should get together and use the same high horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭Netty2

Dear Customer Care,

I anticipate your reply.

Love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Yourself and ibarelycare should get together and use the same high horse.

high horse...for what? not wasting my time inputting my cc details into a site which the offer is so obviously going to be withdrawn...:rolleyes: your an idiot if you think otherwise Fionn...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

high horse...for what? not wasting my time inputting my cc details into a site which the offer is so obviously going to be withdrawn...:rolleyes: your an idiot if you think otherwise Fionn...:rolleyes:
    Ask MidlandsM if it was withdrawn ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

that's harsh.... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NoraHs

In the booking confirmation email from lastminute.com you are given a link to Booking Conditions.

Point 11 has it covered...
    We will do our best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them. However because of the sophisticated technology that is required in operating lastminute.com there may be times when obvious errors occur. For example, very occasionally, this may result in a price, product or service or other detail displayed or presented on a Channel being incorrect. In this case we reserve the right to cancel that contract, but this of course will be without any liability to you.

But if you do not receive a cancellation email then its not cancelled. If anyone doesnt get one then surely they can presume their booking is going ahead, deny they ever saw boards.ie and presumed it was a genuine last minute special offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Cue the yellow card from the nearest available mod;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭notsobadinc

got email at 11.25 this morning-my booking for 9/10 nov has been cancelled and they offer 5 star rooms for 3 star prices etc..
    anyway i knew it was too good to be true so congrats to those that got their cheap accomodation..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Oh the irony!!

Got my cancelation e-mail too,was a nice dream while it lasted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Why does any worthwhile Bargain Alert bring out the keyboard warriors and namecaller(s)?

Any more behaviour like that and it won't be just warnings and infractions being issued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Thats one of the funny things about this thread. That 'Hilton' in Kilmainham is a bog standard business / sales rep joint - most of our visitors stay there. (I work nearby). Not sure why everyone was getting so excited bout it, its nothing special.

Than again I travel a fiar bit and stay in lots of hotels, unless they're very nice I just don't get excited about them.....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

ArthurG wrote: »

Thats one of the funny things about this thread. That 'Hilton' in Kilmainham is a bog standard business / sales rep joint - most of our visitors stay there. (I work nearby). Not sure why everyone was getting so excited bout it, its nothing special.

Than again I travel a fiar bit and stay in lots of hotels, unless they're very nice I just don't get excited about them.....;)

For two or three Euro?

iPhone. wrote: »
    For two or three Euro?

Of course not, and with all but 1 exception neither did anyone here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Of course not, and with all but 1 exception neither did anyone here.
    You said you didn't understand people getting excited - well for a lot of less condescending folk who had the dream of staying at a hotel, any hotel for that matter not just the Hilton for a few euro enjoyed it and got understandably excited as far as I'm concerned.

iPhone. wrote: »
    You said you didn't understand people getting excited - well for a lot of less condescending folk who had the dream of staying at a hotel, any hotel for that matter not just the Hilton for a few euro enjoyed it and got understandably excited as far as I'm concerned.

Yes you're correct, and that's why I took the time to qualify my statement with the fact that I travel a lot with my work, and and such tend not to be as easily excited about staying in an hotel.

I got onto hotel to see if I could get anything off them over the mix up, best she could do was 99 for B&B for 2 reduced from 174 euros which to me is robbery.

99 euro is still good for for 2 people but 174 ??

She also said they are willing to honour the price's that were offered on lastminute.com but only if lastminute.com paid the difference :D

Yes you're correct, and that's why I took the time to qualify my statement with the fact that I travel a lot with my work, and and such tend not to be as easily excited about staying in an hotel.

I travel a fair bit too but its usually private rooms in hostels for me :)

The idea of a hotel...any hotel, sounded lovely..Did ya see the pool :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Iamchef.no

I got greedy,and booked the hotel on lm.com for 4 separate dates in the next 2 months but only got 2 emails confirming cancellation.I had booked for tommorrow, anyone any suggestions whether my booking will stand?!!?!? doubt it but i might chance my arm and arrive up and act innocent!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement