Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you meet any Star Trek actors?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Narsil wrote: »
    Doh! I forgot to type Michael Dorn into that too!

If you were any other poster I would KILL you where you stand!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

By disembowelment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pain sticks tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

So perhaps today IS a good day to die

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Narsil wrote: »
    So perhaps today IS a good day to die

To Stovo'Kor!

• Advertisement

To Stovo'Kor!

Gre'thor awaits you, you slimy Romulan pa'taq!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

EnterNow wrote: »
    Gre'thor awaits you, you slimy Romulan pa'taq!

Only a veruul would use such language in public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

You speak the lies of a taHqeq

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Only met two - James Doohan and Leonard Nimoy

Scotty was at a trek convention in Edinburgh in '95 or '96 and i was absolutely astonished when he had a Canadian accent, when i mentioned it, he laughed and said he was too scared to try his Scottish accent, but a very cool guy.

Spock i met in London when he was doing a book signing (i think it was called "Seriously, I'm Not Spock, i'm a Fully Rounded Actor.......ah, Screw It, Yeah, I'm Spock....") But he just looked really old and tired, and was very quiet - i just wanted to give him a big hug, and make him a mug of tea.

Only met two - James Doohan and Leonard Nimoy

Scotty was at a trek convention in Edinburgh in '95 or '96 and i was absolutely astonished when he had a Canadian accent, when i mentioned it, he laughed and said he was too scared to try his Scottish accent, but a very cool guy.

Spock i met in London when he was doing a book signing (i think it was called "Seriously, I'm Not Spock, i'm a Fully Rounded Actor.......ah, Screw It, Yeah, I'm Spock....") But he just looked really old and tired, and was very quiet - i just wanted to give him a big hug, and make him a mug of tea.

Would have loved to meet Jimmy Doohan, in the documentary 'Trekkies' he seemed like such a nice bloke

Hard to know with Nimoy at times what he makes of the whole thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Patrick Stewart I'm unsurprised by, I saw a vid where he refused to take a photograph with some fans, polite etc but just about because he seemed quite annoyed by them. I guess if you sign autographs a lot it probably becomes a monotonous chore.

Yeah I recall seeing that video. I don't think he is annoyed by trek fans in general, he just has a policy of only signing stuff for the play or movie he is doing at that moment. Showing up with some Star trek merchandise at a play is a bit tacky anyway.
    Would have loved to meet Jimmy Doohan, in the documentary 'Trekkies' he seemed like such a nice bloke

Hard to know with Nimoy at times what he makes of the whole thing

Well he agreed to play spock in the reboot so I imagine he is fine with his work regarding trek. You are right though, he deffo looks his age. He retired in 2011 anyway. He only does voice over work now as it's less time consuming.

Kirby wrote: »
    Well he agreed to play spock in the reboot so I imagine he is fine with his work regarding trek. You are right though, he deffo looks his age. He retired in 2011 anyway. He only does voice over work now as it's less time consuming.

Unless by retired, you mean died, I think your talking about someone else :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Unless by retired, you mean died, I think your talking about someone else :D

But Leonard Nimoy isn't dead?

But Leonard Nimoy isn't dead?

Though Jimmy Doohan, who I was talking about, is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ah my dear EnterNow. If you re-read the posts I think you will find I was talking about Nimoy. I did mention him by name after all. :)

Btw, I'll never ever forgive you for scaring me like that. I honestly thought for a second that he was dead and I'd completely missed it. Bad enternow....bad.... :p

Kirby wrote: »
    Ah my dear EnterNow. If you re-read the posts I think you will find I was talking about Nimoy. I did mention him by name after all. :)

Ah I see, its just that you quoted the original line where I was talking about Doohan too, which threw me off.
    Btw, I'll never ever forgive you for scaring me like that. I honestly thought for a second that he was dead and I'd completely missed it. Bad enternow....bad.... :p

Speaking of aging, old characters. How old is Nimoy now? Shatner too looks like he's very advanced...you'd have to wonder when they'll eventually join the great bird of the galaxy

Advertisement