Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Faroe Islands v Republic of Ireland - 16/10/2012 - 19:00 - RTE2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Keane goes off with two goals. So close to the hat-trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Thank ****.long on for Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Long on 79 minutes late!!! He should have started instead of Keane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ok, Long is on.

He'd better score at least 3 with the build up he's had here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Is that possibly the last time we'll see Robbie Keane?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Germany are beating Sweden 3-0

Sweden have vastly superior players to us. Just to put things in perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Quality defending from Seamus Coleman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Wards place must be gone now, Wilson has been solid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Laois_Man wrote: »

With a bit of luck...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Nah, he'll be back later to pick up the match ball on account of the hat trick:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

glenjamin wrote: »
    I'd prefer the 3 points.
    Higher wrote: »
    How pathetic. You'd sacrifice going to Rio to get rid of a manager who is probably not even responsible for this mess. In the recent games who has Trap lost to? Germany, Spain, Italy. Two Euros finalists and a euros semi finalist. The only result that could be deemed as poor is the Croatia result and even then it was only 3-1 and Croatia are a very handy team.

People need to accept that the Irish team is crap. The players just aren't good.

Anyway if Trap was going to go he'd be gone regardless of this game ditto for if he was going to stay.
    murpho999 wrote: »
    That really is a shameful attitude.

Always want Ireland to do well, no matter what.

Losing never offers advantages.

We're not going to Rio, lets get that cleared up. This team is f**king useless and will not finish second with Trap managing. Sweden might be losing to Germany too, but that is because Germany are a terrific team. Sweden are still a good team and are much better than us.

Don't really care if people this it's bad form hoping for Ireland to lose, Trap makes Ireland almost unwatchable and is being paid ridiculous money a country like us should not be paying a manager. A loss to the Faroes and I think he would have walked away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

nuxxx wrote: »
    Wards place must be gone now, Wilson has been solid

Ward and Kelly better get used to life on the bench,Coleman and Wilson are the way forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Higher wrote: »
    Germany are beating Sweden 3-0

Sweden have vastly superior players to us. Just to put things in perspective.

I still feel better about playing them than I did this morning.

On another note, and I say this honestly, Kazakhstan Vs Faroes would be an interesting game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Why????:confused:

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    We're not going to Rio, lets get that cleared up. This team is f**king useless and will not finish second with Trap managing. Sweden might be losing to Germany too, but that is because Germany are a terrific team. Sweden are still a good team and are much better than us.

Don't really care if people this it's bad form hoping for Ireland to lose, Trap makes Ireland almost unwatchable and is being paid ridiculous money a country like us should not be paying a manager. A loss to the Faroes and I think he would have walked away.

Isn't that the point? The team is ****ing useless and yet Trap got us to the Euros when much better teams missed out.

And who has he lost to recently? 2 European finalists, and a Germany that is currently beating Sweden 3-0?

Some faux fan telling us we can't finish second

OR

Trap's track record of finishing twice in successive campaigns.

Yeah, cheers for the input though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Great chance there if Walters had a left foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Walters Man Of The Match. Make that two matches.

Walters has been MOTM yet again. Superb performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Deank wrote: »
    With a bit of luck...:D

Yes, because we've got quality finishers lining up to take his place. FFS :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

The Germans beat these 3-0. At home. You need to watch more football

If the second best team in the world can only beat a team of part timers 3 - 0 .......... then something is badly skewed.

By your reckoning then ........ if this score remains the same ........ The Faroes are a better team than Ireland. Just think - they beat Ireland by 5 goals away ........ and The Faroes by only 3 at home.
    You're not a statistician by any chance

Walters has been MOTM yet again. Superb performance.
    ^ stop copying me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

No, we will see him in an unnamed pub 10 minutes before kick off :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ward and Kelly better get used to life on the bench,Coleman and Wilson are the way forward

I remember hearing that a lot when Ward took Kilbane's place.
    One swallow and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's not bad form its just nonsense.

• Advertisement

Walters MOTM for me as well.

Long has been brutal since coming on.......

EDIT: I love tempting faith!

EDIT 2: Commentator confused me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

McGeady Unlucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Great turn and shot from McGeady

McGeady nearly for 4!

To be honest the lads on off the ball have warped people.

People said they'd be delighted if we get to the Euros. We do, and then we lose in a group containing two of the finalists and Croatia and suddenly everyone wants Traps head??

A QUALITY swedish side is getting their asses handed to them by the same German side.

We have one player who plays in the CL. Once again, a bit of perspective lads. We were by far the worst team in the Euros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Walters showing Mcgeady how to cross

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Get in,lovely job

Brilliant McGeady.
    Another pleasing goal. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Get in. Delighted for Trap! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Trademark 90 degree McGeady turn there. He really does have terrific ball skills.

Goal for Long or O' Dea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Good header from O'Dea for No. 4. Easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

4-1 win it seems

3 points in the bag. Before the first 3 matches you say 6 points is expected. Thats been achieved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Losing a game to get rid of Trap is foolish.

It's damaging in the longterm.

All games affect future seedings in draws and decrease your chance to qualify for future tournaments.

It's the sort of long term thinking that knee-jerkers normally lack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I know I shouldn't say it but I'm ragin o'dea scored. It will mean we will see more of him. Shiver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

and Keane completes the hat-trick. Well done Robbie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

4-1. And agree with the Walters comments, but I've been impressed with him everytime he has played for us.

I think we're safe now :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

George Hamilton is horrendous. O'Dea gets the final touch? He was the only one near it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

O'Dea is still sh*te :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Sweden don't seem to be as good as people think they are.

We thought Slovakia and Bulgaria were going to be tough as well but we got second in both of those qualifying groups.

With a new manager that the players have confidence in we can get second in this group too. It's very early in the qualification and if trap goes this week then a new manager has two friendlies and a few months to get ready for the Sweden and Austria games.

I think we're safe now :)
    Shush. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

ITV is much funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Yes, because we've got quality finishers lining up to take his place. FFS :rolleyes:

Walters and Long are better finishers and are playing at a higher standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

A historic victory

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Spread wrote: »
    If the second best team in the world can only beat a team of part timers 3 - 0 .......... then something is badly skewed.

By your reckoning then ........ if this score remains the same ........ The Faroes are a better team than Ireland. Just think - they beat Ireland by 5 goals away ........ and The Faroes by only 3 at home.
    You're not a statistician by any chance

As i said, watch more football.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement