Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Faroe Islands v Republic of Ireland - 16/10/2012 - 19:00 - RTE2

Comments

I'm probably in the minority but I hope he stays.

I don't trust the FAI to make a good appointment mid campaign and I think Trap will push us very close to 2nd tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Weaker. Our top 2 centre backs were out wtf do you expect
    wtf...you mean the top two who played in all those lost games in Euro 2012 ? ...who ya kidding.They only beat the Faroe Islands tonight .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

FatherTed wrote: »
    So how many has the second coming of Pele aka Shane Long scored so far?
    Long did about as much in ten minutes as keane did in 80.SFA.
    One of the biggest problems in this set up is the players who are in form aren't getting a fair crack of the whip and Long is probably the lad who is getting the worst deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It should be noted that we only took hold of the game after the great first goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Deank wrote: »
    It's called an opinion and it is my opinion, everyone is entitled to that, like the way you may think Tipp are better hurlers than Kilkenny - Yeah right;)

Fair enough, I just hate the way Keane's record for his country gets overlooked as people clamour for relatively unproven players to take his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

I'm actually totally on the fence...no idea what should be done.... democratic vote by the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

As i said, watch more football.

Will do! :D But please do not delude yourself. This team is woeful.

Trapp is also deluded if he thinks there is no problem .......... unless his translator is fucking up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

population wrote: »
    They have just beaten The Faroe Islands. I will repeat that, 'The Faroe Islands'. This in no way proves harmony in the camp or that Trap has inspired them. Premier league players should be beating part timers without any fuss on every single occasion in which they encounter them no matter who is in charge. A test of a manager is when a team meets another team of equal or greater ability. Not The Faroe Islands

Sweden just scraped past them and we beat them in better fashion. The players responded from a humiliation by working hard for the manager and coming up with an impressive result.

The Trap Out brigade claimed the manager had lost the dressing room. The comments of the players and the performance tonight shows this is not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

kincsem wrote: »
    Trap should say "Up Yours" in Italian.

Followed by a resignation letter, hopefully. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

my god brady is an absolute cretin, back to trying to convince everyone that everything is ok with the team and manager, i just want to punch him in his big thick head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Time for Brady to make a prick of himself again.He has gotten so bad ,he makes Dunphy look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Ozil makes it 4 for Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

eagle eye wrote: »
    McCarthy MoM is clearly based on his second half display only, he was awful in the first half.

I think Walters deserved it.

the match was won comprehensively in the 2nd half

walters was ineffective in the first half aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

4-0 in Berlin. Lovely strike from Ozil Robbie Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Brady's constant defending of his buddy Trap is quite sickening.

• Advertisement

Brady is telling it like it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Liam has lost my respect. This man knows what he's doing. Fcuk off Brady!

rarnes1 wrote: »

I don't trust the FAI to make a good appointment mid campaign and I think Trap will push us very close to 2nd tbh.

Fair point.

The Cox thing though, playing him out wide in 4 or 5 games straight.

It is maddening, absolutely maddening.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Brady spouting rubbish. "We'll look ridiculous to the rest of the world if we sack this man."

I love Giles Vs Liam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Fair enough, I just hate the way Keane's record for his country gets overlooked as people clamour for relatively unproven players to take his place.

Keane has an amazing record, no one can take that away, he is however long past his best, it really is time to stop playing him on reputation or past glory alone and give the young guns a shot, Long and Walters are top class footballers, we are sadly lacking in depth up front, perhaps Robbie can make the odd cameo from the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Brady is a clown for putting himself in the position he is. He has to support his employer not matter how stupid it makes him look.

He shouldnt be on the panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Dunphy has no consistency at all. He bends like a branch in the wind. He is good comedy value but lacks consistency. Didn't he champion Trappatoni when he was chosen too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

fcuk off Brady:mad:

noodler wrote: »
    Fair point.

Yeah, don't like seeing him there either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

delad wrote: »
    my god brady is an absolute cretin, back to trying to convince everyone that everything is ok with the team and manager, i just want to punch him in his big thick head

I reckon Trap is feeding him scaleros to spout this ****e to keep him in the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

The main reason I want Trap sacked now is to piss Brady off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Is Liam Brady on some sort of illegal substance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

rarnes1 wrote: »

FWIW I agree. Two potential banana skins out of way should have a guaranteed 6 points to come in the return fixtures. Germany will most likely get max points so that's grand. Austria are nothing much as proven out in Kazakhstan and Sweden are being pissed over by Germany like ourselves. They could barely even beat that crowd we've just seen

I might be in the minority but so be it. We can still definitely get second

yabadabado wrote: »
    Time for Brady to make a prick of himself again.He has gotten so bad ,he makes Dunphy look good.

I turned off after the fulltime whistle, can bear to listen to those muppets bickering like 5 year olds in a school yard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Your talking through your hoop Liam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

This is. gold ha ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I actually have alot of respect for Liam Brady's passionate loyalty to his friend and former boss.

However he simply shouldn't be on this panel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Dunphy: LEAVE JOHN ALONE!

Keane has an amazing record, no one can take that away, he is however long past his best, it really is time to stop playing him on reputation or past glory alone and give the young guns a shot, Long and Walters are top class footballers, we are sadly lacking in depth up front, perhaps Robbie can make the odd cameo from the bench.

Well, take two points into consideration.

1) Keane has been either past it or 'should be dropped' for a couple of campaigns according to some.

2) Secondly, he was our top goalscoer in the last campaign (and the one before that) by a mile. So..it isn't all based on reputation from years in the past.

EDIT: Eamon just made a great point "not mutually exclusive". Really is the middle ground.

Eamon playing to the crowd brilliantly here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think Brady is making sense even if he is been very stubborn, mick McCarthy was hounded out after bad results as well. We are in 2nd place in the group after 3 games. Could we honestly expect any better after 3 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

I turned off after the fulltime whistle, can bear to listen to those muppets bickering like 5 year olds in a school yard.

Tbf it's more entertainment than Hansen and co licking each others arses and having a laugh about nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Brady makes some good points but he is not coming across well on the panel. Makes good tv though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Oh man, Brady is doing damage to the Irish team right now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBT69w2Iw2k

Go to 6.50 in this video.

I watched this last week, and Brady gives out about Kerr. I know its 7 years ago, but its shows Brady is only putting up for his mate Trap tonight!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

Anyone wrote: »
    Brady is a clown for putting himself in the position he is. He has to support his employer not matter how stupid it makes him look.

He shouldnt be on the panel.

rte are clowns for employing him, apart from the fact he has about 4 brain cells and his level of knowledge about football is shocking, he is so biased they may as well have traps mum on the panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

noodler wrote: »
    Fair point.

Agree. Quite astonishing that he is still playing him out wide. I also found it very surprising that he decided to take off our one player who could deliver a set piece at 0-0.

Brady gone up in my estimation tonight taking on all this media-driven bollocks.

Fair play to you, Liam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Brady ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Mr Sweden pulls one back, 4-1

• Advertisement

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Tbf it's more entertainment than Hansen and co licking each others arses and having a laugh about nothing

Just switched back over for the laugh, sort of glad I did in a weird way:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Brady is doing his reputation some damage.

4-0 Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,249 ✭✭✭✭briany

This is why I watch RTE coverage. Classic panel. Brady to chin Dunphy 4/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

rte are clowns for employing him, apart from the fact he has about 4 brain cells and his level of knowledge about football is shocking, he is so biased they may as well have traps mum on the panel

Yeah he obviously doesn't know a thing.

Sure looks at the state he has Arsenal's academy in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement