Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laptop wont work properly

• 16-10-2012 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

hey I hope this is my stupidity and not something big. I had to use laptop for something so decided to moved everything from desk top and C drive onto external hard drive, then when i went to move stuff back onto laptop wont work at all. i can access Internet no prob but word wont open properly or work keeps looking for F drive and when i connect hard drive to laptop it now come up as G drive.

head is wrecked as need to get it working asap

anybody any ideas PLEASE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Did you copy all your c drive folders off the laptop then delete them from the c: drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mhaise

Its looking for the external hard drive which you moved the files on the C drive to.

You must have an additional drive/card reader/usb stick/camera etc connected which you didn't have before when you copied the files to the external drive which is why it is now designated as G.

The files are still in the external drive no matter what letter F or G is allocated to that drive, just open that drive and copy the files you need back to the C drive

• Registered Users Posts: 49 philkelly32

yeah did a cut and paste of what i thought wouldnt be used but must have sent more than what I thought.

tried to copy back even tried a restore but still wont work properly

Advertisement