Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flower hill Navan

Options
  • 16-10-2012 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

It has really gotten bad beyond the bridge on Flower hill. So many abandoned houses, and businesses it's almost like there's more empty properties than occupied ones. Especially beyond the lights at Flower hill furniture, there must be at least 10 houses empty on either side of the road.
    It's at the stage where you'd think twice about walking down there after dark. Does anyone know if there are any plans to do anything about all the abandoned houses? Something really needs to be done before the area becomes even more run down.....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Why is every second building on it for sale? Is there a specific reason? There always seems to be a house burnt out along the hill all year round. Whats going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Stretch Armstrong

It seems to have been a gradual thing. I certainly don't blame anyone there sticking their house up for sale now, given the way the place has gone. I know Lynch's closed down after a robbery and that the Italian restaurant beside it wasn't doing good business.
    Next time you're on the hill, count the number of empty places. There must be at least 20 and that isn't counting the little laneways either! The houses aren't even properly boarded up, and there's shady people hanging around them. The way things are going it'll only get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

The houses on the left were all for sale in one lot, don't know if anyone bought them or not, I've a bid on a house half way up flower hill but it looks like the banks aren't playing ball, nice house though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The apartments and the amount of non nationals on Flower Hill, has ghettoised the whole area. It's a depressing place. I certainly wouldn't be walking around there at night. I've seen lots of Eastern Europeans knacker drinking as well. There doesn't seem to be ANY garda presence around the town at all

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Maybe make a complaint to the local county council?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

it seems plenty of commercial propter for sale/lease in Navan, a product of the boom/bust

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Weren't those houses group bought for a new shopping centre development that went bang???

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Dr Robotnik

There was a community effort to paint/board/clean up those houses recently, which has at least removed one aspect of anti-social behaviour. I'd imagine their long term destiny is a date with a bulldozer.

There doesnt seem alot going for Flowerhill from a commercial point of view

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ALIGHTEN

What happened to all those arcitectural plans for the area as were posted in the Meath Chronicle beforehand surely there are commercial property buyers out there ? ALIGHTEN

• Advertisement

They went down the drain with all the other plans!

chrysagon wrote: »
    They went down the drain with all the other plans!

Thank god, some of the so-called development plans for that area were literally bonkers. :rolleyes:

Just like many of the plans for Navan..bonkers...and when the idea of a cinema out the Athboy rd was put forward, with lots of parking, idea was shot down..can think of a real reason, and it isnt footpaths!

chrysagon wrote: »
    Just like many of the plans for Navan..bonkers...and when the idea of a cinema out the Athboy rd was put forward, with lots of parking, idea was shot down..can think of a real reason, and it isnt footpaths!

It's stuff like this that makes people think planning is corrupt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

bladespin wrote: »
    Thank god, some of the so-called development plans for that area were literally bonkers. :rolleyes:

Amen to that. One such bellend was planning to build an estate in the field across from my house.

So wheres the infrastructure, services, community? It would be a cesspit in no time :rolleyes:

I'll keep flushing and flushing so that sh*te never comes back up the drain!

dgt wrote: »
    Amen to that. One such bellend was planning to build an estate in the field across from my house.

So wheres the infrastructure, services, community? It would be a cesspit in no time :rolleyes:

I'll keep flushing and flushing so that sh*te never comes back up the drain!

Traffic too, I remember a huge development being touted by a certain GAA pundit for fields behind Clonmagadden, just as the whole traffic system around the area was in turmoil thanks so idiotic road planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

Ally Dick wrote: »
    The apartments and the amount of non nationals on Flower Hill, has ghettoised the whole area. It's a depressing place. I certainly wouldn't be walking around there at night. I've seen lots of Eastern Europeans knacker drinking as well. There doesn't seem to be ANY garda presence around the town at all

I got some hassle and bad abuse when jogging up the Flower Hill by some genuine native Irish knackers who happen to live there too. Don't know if I'm supposed to feel better about it.

Advertisement