Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friend you just want to say "Come on Man"

• 16-10-2012 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

So gang, have any of ye ever had a friend you just want to tell to cop on.
    Ive been messing with this girl I know for years on the aul facebook, just like having the craic with.
    Then my friend says "Why are you always doing this to Mary, shes really cool and nice and you always insult her"
    I literally have never besides this moment put my hand to my head and said Really.
    This however sadly isnt the first time he done this, hes the guy whos plan to get girls is to do everything for them then they will have to love him.
    So anything similar going on in yere world

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Sounds like he thinks taking the nice guy approach will work. He's now forever stuck in the friend zone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

astonaidan wrote: »
    I literally have never besides this moment put my hand to my head and said Really.

:confused: wut?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Is this a question ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I found that post very hard to understand.
    No, I can't say I have come across that in my world tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

The Master wrote: »
    Palm to head "Really?" wow twice in one hour :pac:
    bb1234567 wrote: »
    Is this a question ?
    Yeah maybe you havent been blessed with lame as friends

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

We are more of a 'leave it out' kind of group....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Ily tell ur friend to come on?
    Cum on what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Can anyone translate the OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

a/ drunk poster revealing himself as a, well....

or

b/ troll exercise

or

c/ very drunk poster having at 'laugh' at poor aul AH's expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Im so confused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

LizT wrote: »
    Can anyone translate the OP?

Telling a friend to cop on when thier being an asshole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

It's times like this I'm glad I have no friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

He is asking have we ever told over friends to cop on with women or just let them get used by them. His friend is the type that runs around after women, while he insults them and get's there knickers dropping like hot stones. His friend more than likly has to her said women go on about been insulted and used by the OP.

But em no I have never told a friend to cop on regards women, but I used to be like yer mate and ye can tell him from me to cop on it dose not work. As yer man from Tallafornia once said 'Treat em mean, keep em keen'.

kneemos wrote: »
    Telling a friend to cop on when thier being an asshole.
    so an asshole is someone who tells their friend not to be an immature git?

you calling me an asshole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

The Master wrote: »

*sigh*

He said: I literally have never besides this moment put my hand to my head and said Really.

msg11 wrote: »
    He is asking have we ever told over friends to cop on with women or just let them get used by them. His friend is the type that runs around after women, while he insults them and get's there knickers dropping like hot stones. His friend more than likly has to her said women go on about been insulted and used by the OP.

But em no I have never told a friend to cop on regards women, but I used to be like yer mate and ye can tell him from me to cop on it dose not work. As yer man from Tallafornia once said 'Treat em mean, keep em keen'.
    sigh.

Chucken wrote: »
    *sigh*
    two sighs back to back.

does that make us lovers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

ArtSmart wrote: »
    sigh.

Ha, don't worry yourself I don't practice his motto. In fact the comedy value of him saying that still lives on in my mind. 'Treat em mean, keep em keen and all that'.

But been serious OP, if your friends way of chatting up women is this way then so be it, leave him too it.

ArtSmart wrote: »
    two sighs back to back.

does that make us lovers?

No..you're thinking of 2 thighs not sighs

*sigh*

• Advertisement

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    Exactly.

:eek::confused::confused:

No..you're thinking of 2 thighs not sighs

*sigh*
    I'd settle for a wing at this stage....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Where To wrote: »
    It's times like this I'm glad I have no friends.

Tough shít.

Friend request sent! :pac:

1ZRed wrote: »
    Tough shít.

Friend request sent! :pac:

You know Iz.. I saw the thread title and thought of you :D:D

msg11 wrote: »
    Ha, don't worry yourself I don't practice his motto. In fact the comedy value of him saying that still lives on in my mind. 'Treat em mean, keep em keen and all that'.

But been serious OP, if your friends way of chatting up women is this way then so be it, leave him too it.

Hah I dont really do the treat em mean thing, I can just have the craic with them.
    Its also a girl who Im friends with more than him.
    What actually makes this funnier is around guys hes totally normal but once a girl comes along, he changes to the most idiotic guy, buying them drinks, getting them lifts home.
    This even from girls his friends are with, but I dont try change people hence why I havent told him to cop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Im saying it right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

You know Iz.. I saw the thread title and thought of you :D:D

Was much as I appreciate you imagining me cumming on guys, I'd like to ask you to stop. It's durty :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Hah I dont really do the treat em mean thing, I can just have the craic with them.
    Its also a girl who Im friends with more than him.
    What actually makes this funnier is around guys hes totally normal but once a girl comes along, he changes to the most idiotic guy, buying them drinks, getting them lifts home.
    This even from girls his friends are with, but I dont try change people hence why I havent told him to cop on!

Good god.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

So gang, have any of ye ever had a friend you just want to tell to cop on.
    Ive been messing with this girl I know for years on the aul facebook, just like having the craic with.
    Then my friend says "Why are you always doing this to Mary, shes really cool and nice and you always insult her"
    This however sadly isnt the first time he done this, hes the guy whos plan to get girls is to do everything for them then they will have to love him.
    So anything similar going on in yere world

Literally what you should do right is be all like o my god i know when hes at that carry on and just be completely whatever with im cos hes only doin it for the attention shur best thing ta do is hav a bitta craic shur and be totally like ya anyway what were u saying there tom? just completely ignore him like and hell stop an anyway i herd hes gay cos he wudnt shift my friend

xxx

• Advertisement

Literally what you should do right is be all like o my god i know when hes at that carry on and just be completely whatever with im cos hes only doin it for the attention shur best thing ta do is hav a bitta craic shur and be totally like ya anyway what were u saying there tom? just completely ignore him like and hell stop an anyway i herd hes gay cos he wudnt shift my friend

xxx

<3

xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

xxx
    <3

xxx

Crai evy tyme :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

mauzo wrote: »
    We are more of a 'leave it out' kind of group....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV2m5vMx8wc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Einhard wrote: »

Can YOu put up a link...I'm on my phone. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

Just turn it off and on again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The OP watching MNF by any chance ;)

• Advertisement

The OP watching MNF by any chance ;)
    Whats MNF :(

Monday Night Football??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Mate Nearly F*cked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Cool, I always wanted to be part of a gang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I'm friends with my nephews on Facebook. I have no idea what the hell they're talking about most of the time. Most of it is indecipherable text speak. It would be easier to read Egyptian hieroglyphics.

• Advertisement
Advertisement