Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love at first sight?

• 16-10-2012 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Just wondering....Have you ever fell in love at first sight? As in as soon as you spoke to someone you knew they were 'the one'.

Or did it take you a while?

Either way, did it last? :D

Edit By 'Love at first sight', I mean the phrase. Not real love, more lust. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

Yes, it lasted 2 minutes. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

The feeling left me several seconds after I ejaculated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

No such thing as love at first sight. Just heavy infatuation - or ... to put it another way ... said person just turns you on so much, in so many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭kflynn

Nooooo you're all ruining my lovey-dovey mood!:D

I do agree though, I think that if you spend enough time with anyone you can develop feelings...

But it would just be nice to hear a love at first sight story :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Yep seen a girl in a crowd, thought wow, never in my life had I felt like that, saw her two weeks later and had to ask her out.
    Best two months of my life. wish I hadn't had to leave Australia :(,
    But she will be back in England in 2 weeks time so shes coming to visit in November :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I doubt you can really 'love' at first sight, seeing as how you need to get to know the person, and give it time to grow - to build up a bond etc... before you can genuinely say you love a person.

But in saying that, I was once at a party - I was 15 yrs old.
    3 guys walk in - the last one in caught my attention more so than anyone ever before. Instantly I was infatuated. In my tipsy state I was adamant that I would spend the rest of my life with him.
    It was such a strong feeling - I had never felt that way about anyone before, especially on just meeting them.
    It was more than lust, more than infatuation, but not quite love.

Yes, I was only 15, and yes I was drunk, but the feeling only grew stronger as the next few months went on, and we became friends with him and his group of friends.

8 months later, he finally asked me out.
    I am now nearly 28 - we've been together nearly 12 years. Married over 1 year. And have 3 beautiful children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I can see this thread will be full of vomit-inducing tales

Yours cynically.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭kflynn

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    I can see this thread will be full of vomit-inducing tales

Yours cynically.

Awh I know, I know! Terrible stories more than welcome...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Lust at first sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Did not know it was possible until it happened to me last week. I posted about it on another forum here

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

Ghey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No such thing as love at first sight IMO, people just see someone that they are really attracted to.

Reminds of someone I was going out with years ago, after a few days she was telling me she loved me and expecting me to say it back.

It takes time to fall in love with someone as you get to know them over the first few months of going out together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Stalking at first sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I doubt you can really 'love' at first sight, seeing as how you need to get to know the person, and give it time to grow - to build up a bond etc... before you can genuinely say you love the person.

Agree with this. In saying that, from the minute I saw my hubby from a distance back in 1998 I thought he was the most gorgeous man alive! He says he fancied me too straightaway even though it took us a little while to get our acts together & go out with one another!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Hope O_o

Had I not experienced Love at First Sight, I would never know what love is.
    He took my breath away each time I saw him for eight years.
    If I had not :mad: effed it up, we would be together in "love at first sight" :) for all time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Love is for the weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Nope actual "Love" at first sight is not possible. If you don't know the person at all how can you love them as a person for who they are?

I have fell in lust in Bar light a lot though. And one time that led to Love.

Love is for the weak.
    :P ...may I be weak for the rest of my days

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

do you mean "sight at first love"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

What is love? You have to know someone to love them, lust is where it begins love happens after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Love at first sight is only possible if you don't care about personality.

Otherwise it's just lust.

But lust actually isn't the worst way to start a relationship, which can lead to love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Did not know it was possible until it happened to me last week. I posted about it on another forum here

If you've started spouting Latin you've got it bad. That, or you're an unrelenting ponce.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

yep, I was walking along with my friends in town when I was sixteen and saw this stunning fella standing at the traffic lights, he was staring at me all open mouthed and I was staring right back, he shouted at me could he have my number I just laughed more out of the shock of someone shouting at me for my number :) He was about to cross the road and I sent my friend back with my number and we met up the next day in town and just walked around holding hands talking for hours and hours untill I had to go home and he walked me to my bustop and we kissed. Will be together ten years in january a house two children and a few pets under our belt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I fell in lust at first sight. 15 years later we are still together and very happily married.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

fell in lust which led to love
    4 years later
    i wanna burn the bitch *real story*
    still with her though until i get some petrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Didn't believe in it either, but yeah it happened.

Knew her online and quite a bit about her personality before we met in person, liked all that, and knew we would be suited, but as a jaded 38 yo, I wasn't expecting the BAM !!! She felt it exactly the same, and we're 8 months in now.

Both of us knew instantly that this was the one, and I told my most sceptical of buddies that week that "That's it, - Im sorted, End of." And it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

I doubt you can really 'love' at first sight, seeing as how you need to get to know the person, and give it time to grow - to build up a bond etc... before you can genuinely say you love a person.

3 guys walk in - the last one in caught my attention more so than anyone ever before. Instantly I was infatuated. In my tipsy state I was adamant that I would spend the rest of my life with him.
    It was such a strong feeling - I had never felt that way about anyone before, especially on just meeting them.

Yes, I was only 15, and yes I was drunk, but the feeling only grew stronger as the next few months went on, and we became friends with him and his group of friends.

I am now nearly 28 - we've been together nearly 12 years. Married over 1 year. And have 3 beautiful children.

That is so nice :) cheered me up on my sh*tty day in work :)

johnr1 wrote: »
    Didn't believe in it either, but yeah it happened.

Knew her online and quite a bit about her personality before we met in person, liked all that, and knew we would be suited, but as a jaded 38 yo, I wasn't expecting the BAM !!! She felt it exactly the same, and we're 8 months in now.

Both of us knew instantly that this was the one, and I told my most sceptical of buddies that week that "That's it, - Im sorted, End of." And it is.

Awhh.... :D lovely! Good for you both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Does yer wan from Total Recall with the three knockers count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Pffft....I've falling in love at first sight nearly every night I go out since I've become single again. Although, it's probably less love at first sight and more like love in double vision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Lust at first but not love. I remember it well. Made a massive tit out of myself to get his attention that night, went out with him for 9 months thinking it was love but after breaking up, the only thing I truly missed about him was his willy. Love at first sight couldn't exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Lust at first but not love. I remember it well. Made a massive tit out of myself to get his attention that night, went out with him for 9 months thinking it was love but after breaking up, the only thing I truly missed about him was his willy. Love at first sight couldn't exist.

I'm sure to this day he still thinks about your massive tit too! :p

/gets coat! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I'm sure to this day he still thinks about your massive tit too! :p

/gets coat! :D

Just the one. A giant massive mound stuck to my chest with a nipple like a beady eye.

Just the one. A giant massive mound stuck to my chest with a nipple like a beady eye.

Cyclops nipple is almost as lusty at first sight as the Total Recall triple nipple teaser mentioned earlier in the thread! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I've had a few serious lusts alright, but they eventually faded after a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

This is a seriously depressing thread for me! I seriously need a GF, a job and a big fat juicy spliff right now. Instead I'm eating an Oreo and drinking milk whilst looking at that "Ming" dude on TV3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

That's awesome, for a second I thought there was gonna be some 'hilarious' joke at the end but cool to see it was a real story

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TwoBirds

I've experienced strong infatuation at first conversation, which is probably as close as it gets (realistically). Didn't work out in the long run though.

nocoverart wrote: »
    This is a seriously depressing thread for me! I seriously need a GF, a job and a big fat juicy spliff right now. Instead I'm eating an Oreo and drinking milk whilst looking at that "Ming" dude on TV3

Lay off the weed,
    Go out and spread your seed,
    Oreo be be stuck inside, like others of your ilk,
    Staring at Ming, in all his bling,
    Left wondering should you go get more milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Ha! I just noticed - about 30 people thanked my post.
    I thought I'd get the pi$$ ripped out of me for being so corny! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Reason enough to call it love in my book :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Not so much love at first sight for me. More like we were friends for 7 years, and we were always in relationships with other people during that time.

Then at the beginning of summer when for the first time in our friendship, we were both single at the same time.. something clicked. I'd never given any thought to there being an "us" before that moment. But it was definitely more than just the initial lust, and there was a cavalcade of emotions! And our friends said they saw it coming a long time in advance which is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Don't worry. Love doesn't exist. People fool themselves into thinking they're in love out of pure fear of dying alone.
    Now, use the money you would have spent on a gf on more spliffs and he truly happy :D

Ha! I just noticed - about 30 people thanked my post.
    I thought I'd get the pi$$ ripped out of me for being so corny! :)

Make that 30 +1 flutter, sometimes when I'm browsing on the mobile I tend to skip longer posts because I have the attention span of a two year old. But that post held my attention from start to finish, brilliant story! :)

I guess I'd better actually contribute something thread relevant at this stage-

For me it was when this girl moved into a flat I was staying in, and she was incredible looking, completely took my breath away. A month later we were both getting ready for our birthdays and she had made us a home made pizza. She bent over to slide it into the oven and standing behind her, the legs nearly went out from underneath me! The sight of her shapely bum had me turn to jelly! :D

We went out that night anyway and had an amazing time, we didn't need any drink at all, we were laughing and joking the whole time. The next few hours will always be a bit of a blur, but we woke up opposite each other in the morning, looked at each other and it was like we were thinking the exact same thing at the exact same time- "Is this your bed or mine?" :D

Fast forward fifteen years later and plenty of ups and downs, we're eight years married with just the one eight year old boy. I always say we'll have another child as soon as we can afford the first one! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Don't worry. Love doesn't exist. People fool themselves into thinking they're in love out of pure fear of dying alone.
    Now, use the money you would have spent on a gf on more spliffs and he truly happy :D

It's actually a real chemical reaction in your brain.

Nothing but excuses with you so you can go get high more often ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I believe in love at first sight but only for dogs. As in I see a dog and just love him/her.

As for people, good lord no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I love Ming.

Advertisement