Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sminky animation fad

• 16-10-2012 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Does anyone know what software the guy on Sminky Animation uses to draw those cartoons?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Send a message via his YT channel and ask him...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I have no idea, but I think I'm the only person in the country who just can't stand them! I just don't get them at all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Here is a link to the animation forum, they may be able to help.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=595

I don't really like the Sminky Shorts but each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

probably some type of flash program.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Crayola

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

He gets a big bowl right, and then he throws a heap of acrylics into it, then he mixes them with a big schtick and fcuks them at his computer screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

I don't find them funny, even when drunk.

I think they're aimed at ppl who find Christmas cracker jokes amusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I don't find them funny, even when drunk.

I think they're aimed at ppl who find Christmas cracker jokes amusing.
    I like the majority of them. One or two are just plain weird though. But I don't enjoy Christmas cracker jokes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Only watched two and thought they were retarded. Thought I was just being a dry balls and kept it to myself, but its good to see I'm not the only one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

They are brilliant! Dunno whats wrong with ye! How the boys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The fat bunny one is genuinely funny.

The rest are mostly just animals with Cork accents.

Still, he's doing well.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Not a fan of them TBH.

Some of the mates think they're the best things they've ever seen though and reguarly quote them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

omahaid wrote: »
    They are brilliant! Dunno whats wrong with ye! How the boys!

Jaysss Tommy's fair shiftin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I love them, particularly the rabbit one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Hilarious but I'd say you would get sick of them fairly rapid.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Maggie Benson

Have to be careful when I see a new baby not to say 'he's got his father's gums anyway'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Where To wrote: »
    He gets a big bowl right, and then he throws a heap of acrylics into it, then he mixes them with a big schtick and fcuks them at his computer screen.

Yeah right as if that would work.

Pour the acrylic mix into your computer via the disk drive. If the animation is going to be any longer than 3 minutes you pour the surplus into the usb ports starting with the one closest the disc drive working in a anticlockwise direction.

Remember to shake the computer vigorously afterwards for increased optical on-screen resolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Jazus, it's awful sad!

Jazus, it's awful sad!

Thats right, thats right, thats right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

omahaid wrote: »
    Thats right, thats right, thats right

Tommy's shtone mad for shpeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Simply Cracking stuff altogether.

Cock-A-doodle-doooooo booooooooi!!!

Amn't I pure daycent!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭deisebibo

Simply Cracking stuff altogether.

Cock-A-doodle-doooooo booooooooi!!!

Amn't I pure daycent!!!!

Funniest one yet where she goes "Jesus Christ" at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I've no idea what you are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Only watched two and thought they were retarded. Thought I was just being a dry balls and kept it to myself, but its good to see I'm not the only one

I don't want to say in work that I think they're only alright because I WILL be looked upon as weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I have no idea, but I think I'm the only person in the country who just can't stand them! I just don't get them at all!!
    No you're not on your own i thought i was missing the humour gene as everyone was raving about them. The only one that's actually funny is the rabbit one. I actually physically cant make out what some of the other ones are even saying :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

He uses one of them fancy computers they have in the cities I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The rabbit one is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

wellyhead wrote: »
    Does anyone know what software the guy on Sminky Animation uses to draw those cartoons?
    He is more than likely using adobe flash pro, although it could be done with after effects as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

they arent funny at all, i dont know why everyone is going crazy about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I hate them but my kids love them, so it's probably a yoof thing. "Only trying to get a bit of cheese, all he tried to do" seems to crop up a lot in conversation. That and "slow down Tommy, you'll never maake the bend".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I've no idea what you are talking about.

I'm with you Micky, I haven't a breeze what these jung'un are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MikeyS9607

He uses Adobe Flash. I hate the shorts to the point where I made a video criticizing them, and Sminky had it false flagged. The best part is I was able to counter claim, and the video is the first result after the shorts if you look for "sminky shorts" on YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Those yokes are genius

MikeyS9607 wrote: »
    He uses Adobe Flash. I hate the shorts to the point where I made a video criticizing them, and Sminky had it false flagged. The best part is I was able to counter claim, and the video is the first result after the shorts if you look for "sminky shorts" on YouTube.

link pls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

This sums your review up for me:

6 likes, 61 dislikes

Sky King wrote: »
    This sums your review up for me:

6 likes, 61 dislikes

Those dislikes are totally not biased by the fact that Sminky's fanboys saw the video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Those dislikes are totally not biased by the fact that Sminky's fanboys saw the video.

Where are you coming from with that accent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I have no idea what's going on :confused:

I'll sum up my criticism of your review

Animation: Who gives a ****? South Park isn't exactly Disney quality

Humour: Accents are hilarious, I'll have you know. Yours is pretty hilarious actually. The humour also comes from knowing someone like the characters in the shorts, if you're not from a rural/semi-rural background it may be hard to relate. Same way Fr Ted would be incomprehensible to a Mexican immigrant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Good god.

I hate the internet sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

is this some sort of well known thing? Wtf is a sminky? I think I'm officially old now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Anyway, yeah he uses Flash.
    I like them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Flagged your video as child abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Whey hey, look how fasht I'm going.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭reginald

Salad Fingers is much better

Scioch wrote: »
    Flagged your video as child abuse.

You know they DO check. And I'm sure when they were screening the video at YouTube to make sure it wasn't infringing copyright, they saw it didn't have what you flagged it for. That video is untouchable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Mikey I see you like ponies, maybe ask Sminky man to animate one for you? Might change your mind like?? Whatever floats your boat

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Whey hey, look how fasht I'm going.

Shtone mad for the shpee-ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭D_D

Ok, just after watching a few of them after reading this thread... I think I may have become more stupid by watching them. Who in their right mind finds them funny? It's an animal with a Cork accent?! Honestly, I do not get it. And I don't think someone could explain it to me either. I left the rabbit one till last because people on here said it was the funnier one. I didn't even crack a smile...

• Advertisement
Advertisement