Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

some legal advice please!!

• 16-10-2012 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi all

i'm looking for some advice on something that happened to me last week, i was pulled over by a garda , and accused of using my mobile phone while i was driving!! but i was not and i pointed out to the garda that i had a hand's free unit , which he checked!!!! he returned to his car for about 2min's and then came back to me saying that another garda in the car saw me with it. I was cautioned and told i would get a fine in the post!!!! what can i do?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Read the charter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

You have 3 options.

1) Pay the fine and accept you were holding a mobile (even if it was just to press the "Call" button)

2) Write to the local Superintendent and dispute the ticket

3) Go to court and defend yourself

If you plan on doing number 2 or 3 I suggest you get legal advice.

Advertisement