Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling in UL

• 16-10-2012 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey guys I'm a 4th year student but I've only recently purchased a bike I was wondering if any of ye knew where i could ago for a nice safe cycle in the evenings near UL, I'm aware of the river walk and that trail by thomand that loops over to Kilmurrary, But thats about it thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

How far are you looking to go?

The river path leads all the way into the city centre, or out to Corbally. It also goes as far as Annacotty (it exits near UL Bohemians RFC).

You can also go across to the North campus and head out and about in the Clonlara/Parteen area: rural roads which would be quiet enough after rush hour.

Take a look at the area on google maps, all this stuff is marked out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I have been thinking for a while about setting up a cycling club in UL...how much interest would there be do ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nash19

Hey guys thanks alot for the replies, I'll have to take a look at the olde google maps Chimaera thanks for the info. I'd deffo be up for joining a cycling club I think it would be an excellent idea I know about one other person who would be up it :)

Good stuff. :)

I think it might be worth while waiting until after Christmas to consider starting a club, as I'd say the majority of people wouldn't be interested in going in the coming months when the weather starts getting worse. I don't even know what's involved in setting up a club, but I'll find out in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nash19

Yeah as I said I'd deffo be up for it drop me a line if you'd like any help I assume theres some kinda message thingy on this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

I have been thinking for a while about setting up a cycling club in UL...how much interest would there be do ya think?

Just so you know, there's already a Mountain Biking club.

Polar Ice wrote: »
    Just so you know, there's already a Mountain Biking club.
    I hadn't actually seen that, so thanks. I don't think there should be any conflict with it though, as I'm primarily interested in road cycling only.

Advertisement