Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PET Bottles

Options
  • 16-10-2012 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Are these really better than glass bottles?

They came with the starter kit I bought had have used them for my first batch. Second batch is in the fermenter and wondering whether it is worth getting more of these for conditioning this or should I just gather up regular bottles and use them?

Any advise??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Are they the "ox-bar" bottles? I have a heap of glass and a few PET (from reused soft drinks). They PET are less hassle, but if I were ageing for any longer than 6 months I would probably use glass. The best are glass with a swing top IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Mister Burns

Thanks Khannie, Yes they are "Ox-Bar" - does that make them better or worse??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Better.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

i have 48 of them and like them. I have 100's of glass bottles but seldom use them ( except 1litre swing tops) ... i use the pet ox bar ones and find them easy.. i wash when done and put cap on till i fill them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Mister Burns

Thanks all, I have 48 of them but 38 are full currently with my first batch which will still be another few weeks conditioning so I think I'll pick up another box of them for the second batch. Appreciate the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

ps. my main capacity is in corny kegs. so little or no bottling. well worth an investment. I also had a good return from the basic plastic barrel ...fabulous for stout

Advertisement