Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback hotel voucher expiry date invalid.

Options
  • 16-10-2012 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

A word of warning for anyone who purchased 4* Corporate Galway stay vouchers for the Menlo Park Hotel through Pigsback in the last few days, the voucher dates in the terms and conditions is March 31st 2013, the hotel insist the voucher expiry date is March 15th 2013 and will not accept the voucher for stays after March 15th. Voucher purchasers have seven days to claim a refund from the voucher purchase date if they had wanted to use those vouchers for the last two weeks in March 2013, check your dates.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If the Terms & Conditions state 31st March 2013 and the hotel are claiming 15th March then hotel and/or bigsback are in the wrong and the 7 day period does not apply.

If you find out that the Terms & Conditions were misleading a month from now you still have grounds for a refund imho

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

vektarman wrote: »
    A word of warning for anyone who purchased 4* Corporate Galway stay vouchers for the Menlo Park Hotel through Pigsback in the last few days, the voucher dates in the terms and conditions is March 31st 2013, the hotel insist the voucher expiry date is March 15th 2013 and will not accept the voucher for stays after March 15th. Voucher purchasers have seven days to claim a refund from the voucher purchase date if they had wanted to use those vouchers for the last two weeks in March 2013, check your dates.

What action have you taken with Pigsback.com? That is where you purchased the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

dudara wrote: »
    What action have you taken with Pigsback.com? That is where you purchased the voucher
    I've contacted Pigsback, which seems to be where the problem stems, firstly they told me that the date was March 15th and that it states in the terms and conditions that March 15th was the expiry date, when I replied that my voucher and Pigsback website both had March 31st they said that they needed to check with the sales rep as to which date was correct.
    Pigsback then e-mailed me back to say that March 31st was the correct date, at this stage I cancelled my voucher and applied for a refund because of the ambiguity of the transaction. I then made a complaint regarding the contradictory information from Pigsback and for wasting my time contacting the hotel and Pigsback back and forth, I was told by pigsback that the manager would not be back in the office 'til Monday (yesterday) and she would be informed and that they would get back to me, I've heard nothing since.

Just to add, the annoying thing is even though I contacted Pigsback early in the offer they still continued to advertise the expiry date of March 31st right up to the close of offer, my fear is that unsuspecting customers who might only try to book after the seven day refund expiry date will have difficulty (1) Booking the hotel for the last two weeks in March and (2) Getting a refund from Pigsback, although as Cabaal says, maybe the seven day refund expiry date is invalid because of the conflicting voucher expiry dates.

Advertisement