Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ireland.com Service Discontinuation

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Is anyone else having issues with transferring their sent items and folders to their new email address? If you know how to do this can you please post.

The last Irish Times that crosses my door, maybe they should publish an article how to lose 15,000 customers after all this hassle , had an account for 13years and thats the way they treat customers. Incidentally I know this could have been avoided as I spoke to the person who has visitireland.com a much better name and it wouldn't have taken €500k of taxpayers money to get it. Visitireland would have fitted better as it mirrors other countries in our region visitscotland, Wales etc.

Anyway rant over hope you can help please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

Trying to log in today and getting a 'webpage unavailable' message, anyone else having this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rathmines

Is anyone else having issues with transferring their sent items and folders to their new email address? If you know how to do this can you please post.

The last Irish Times that crosses my door, maybe they should publish an article how to lose 15,000 customers after all this hassle , had an account for 13years and thats the way they treat customers. Incidentally I know this could have been avoided as I spoke to the person who has visitireland.com a much better name and it wouldn't have taken €500k of taxpayers money to get it. Visitireland would have fitted better as it mirrors other countries in our region visitscotland, Wales etc.

Anyway rant over hope you can help please!!!

Ring the special customer service no, they may be able to help. Hopefully.

I transferred all my folders manually, clicking on a pile of e-mails & forwarding a large batch at a time. That can't be done any more though. I used gmail's import tool to transfer about 6,000 e-mails from my Inbox, which took a few days & was successful. My Sent folder wasn't transferred though.

It's pretty scurilous what the Irish Times have done here. Notice was ridiculously short; it has been my main e-mail account since it started in the 90s. Also, Tourism Ireland lack vision in shutting down the account; receipt of e-mails from ireland.com would have been a good marketing tool to draw people to their site. I've lived in America, & have met Americans who almost jumped up & down with excitement when they realised they could have an ireland.com email address. A lot of money could have been made from charging for it if it had been marketed properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rathmines

acermaple wrote: »
    Trying to log in today and getting a 'webpage unavailable' message, anyone else having this problem?

It's working for me, but no e-mails have arrived since last night; it looks like they're being bounced.

Also, they said they would shut down the facility to send e-mails at midnight last night, but they shut it down hours before. Anyone attempting a last minute clear out of e-mails would have been screwed. Terrible behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Cabaal wrote: »
    No they haven't,
    If that was the case the actual facebook.com domain wouldn't be worth much....only the app would.

Of course, some people think apps will be dead in 3-5 years...http://www.thedomains.com/2012/01/18/meebo-founder-apps-will-be-dead-in-3-5-years/

Only seeing yer reply now. Too busy app'ing i guess. You took a very general statement from me, and used it to support a very specific argument for yourself.

Do you search for companies/websites/information by typing in URLs?

When you look for info on tourism in ireland will you type in ireland.com ?? Me arse. You will google the damn thing. They could have spent one tenth of the cash to increase their marketing.

Try search for "Tourism Ireland" for example...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Just a heads up.

If you haven't already done it you have until the 15th of January to move all your emails

Advertisement