Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sloe bush and Elder tree

Options
  • 16-10-2012 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondewring if anyone has planted and grown these? Could you recommend where to get them? Would they take long to produce flowers and berries. I want them eventually for home brew and cordial.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

redser7 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondewring if anyone has planted and grown these? Could you recommend where to get them? Would they take long to produce flowers and berries. I want them eventually for home brew and cordial.
    Thanks!
    Your better getting them from wild. Elder is very fast growing and would be a nuisance in a garden. Plenty of large elder trees in alsaa out the back of the pitches. Its across from airport if you live in dub . But you will find elder and sloe in most wild hedges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Hey thanks a million, I'm not far from alsaa :)
    Been looking around this season but not finding much. Thanks for the advice

Advertisement